Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

It's a nightmare.

I am just getting into it, I'm old, I dont know anything, and gawd forbid I ask a question that "everyone" else already knows the answer to. ("OMG, you are so dumb", cue Antonio Dodson).

You search the board for answers but it's so fricking huge you get 20 pages of results even when searching for a very specific thing. And so far unless it's something folks like to argue about, like feed, it's kinda hard to get answers to threads because their is sooo mcuh movement going on. New posts is 20 pages...and if it's there one second it's gone the next, buried under stupid crap off topic crap, or looooooook at me and my horse again...even tho I know you've already seen us a billion times.

Even worse? There's no Quicklinks, so if I want to go back and find a thread I posted on 5 minutes ago, I have to use search function. And the ads....GAH.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And I could see how a horse forum would be anal-rententive, because, even though I don't know shit about it but will still pass my opinion on it, horse-riding is probably full of "pass the grey poupon" types who have certain notions of "proper ettiquette"
Bet they let you post pictures of horse cocks though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I farted around on the Consumer Reports forum for a few months.
That place was insane.

It was the ultimate nanny state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Rae do you have a horse? You could always name it something awful to screw with people. Something like Joe rocket thunderfucker
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Ya'll should check out a few other forums before bitching and moaning!

I'm on a horse forum, and you can't even say BUTT!!! Seriously?? Or Crap, or pissed, or pretty much anything!

I had no idea other forums could be so nuts...so for all ya'll that wanna complain, go elsewhere and then come home and be happy you can say what ever the fuck you want to say!!
I'm a mod on what's probably the largest local Toronto board, and the language rules are fairly draconian too. I have to toss warnings at people for bypassing the swear filters when they type in things like @ss, for example. From what I recall, this dates back to a time when the host company used to get complaints about how the site wasn't "family friendly"

Then again if people could express themselves without some four letter Anglo-Saxon colloquialism every third word, that sort of thing might not be necessary.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Funny, never pictured Rae as a horse lady...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #17
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Rae do you have a horse? You could always name it something awful to screw with people. Something like Joe rocket thunderfucker
Yes, unfortunately his name is nothing so exciting and I could never mention it there anyway. His name is Osceola. Or Ossie for short.

His original was Jojo. Gay. Not to mention my ex husband was named Joe and we had a dog named Jojo. I guess I coulda changed it to Gojo, since he has a tendency to want to GO fast all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'm a mod on what's probably the largest local Toronto board, and the language rules are fairly draconian too. I have to toss warnings at people for bypassing the swear filters when they type in things like @ss, for example. From what I recall, this dates back to a time when the host company used to get complaints about how the site wasn't "family friendly"

Then again if people could express themselves without some four letter Anglo-Saxon colloquialism every third word, that sort of thing might not be necessary.
Apparently this place boasts over 25K members, but I think I've seen one Mod. They've got the auto language filters and I haven't even seen attempts to bypass them. I don't plan on trying right now.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Funny, never pictured Rae as a horse lady...
Really? Dare I ask, what DID you picture me as?

FTR, I was always dying to have one and to be in "the scene" at least as far as riding and such, just never had the chance till recently. So far, my only accomplishment is a broken ankle.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
AquaPython
put it THIS way

If you end up owning, or caring for one, my family owns a Farrier supply shop here in s. florida. If you need something they can probably hook you up, just shoot me a PM
Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Apparently this place boasts over 25K members, but I think I've seen one Mod. They've got the auto language filters and I haven't even seen attempts to bypass them. I don't plan on trying right now.
20K+ on this Toronto forum, which actually has members from St. Catherines and London, all the way to Kingston.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote