Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
If you end up owning, or caring for one, my family owns a Farrier supply shop here in s. florida. If you need something they can probably hook you up, just shoot me a PM
Thanks man, much appreciated. I actually do own one of my own now. He kinda fell on me, not literally, but it was a "gift". He was great, now, not so much. In his new home, he has become much healthier and well acclimated, and apparently much of his previous good behavior for me (he refused to allow anyone else to even catch him, while coming straight to me) was due to not being in great health. Now, he's healthy. And needs a complete retrain. Which I have no clue how to do and horse people are about the most close mouthed folks I have ever met. "Go do ___." "How do I do ___?" "Just attach this here and go."

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Thus why I turned to the horse forum. From hell.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Thanks man, much appreciated. I actually do own one of my own now. He kinda fell on me, not literally, but it was a "gift". He was great, now, not so much. In his new home, he has become much healthier and well acclimated, and apparently much of his previous good behavior for me (he refused to allow anyone else to even catch him, while coming straight to me) was due to not being in great health. Now, he's healthy. And needs a complete retrain. Which I have no clue how to do and horse people are about the most close mouthed folks I have ever met. "Go do ___." "How do I do ___?" "Just attach this here and go."

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Thus why I turned to the horse forum. From hell.

Shoot me a PM. I can answer some ?? for you.

Some horse people are assholes.....

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I have been on a few sites like that... I don't go there anymore.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Ya'll should check out a few other forums before bitching and moaning!

I'm on a horse forum, and you can't even say BUTT!!! Seriously?? Or Crap, or pissed, or pretty much anything!

I had no idea other forums could be so nuts...so for all ya'll that wanna complain, go elsewhere and then come home and be happy you can say what ever the fuck you want to say!!

Rae, I feel your pain.

Grouping musicians is like herding cats, yet there's a forum for bassists that defies this logic, and is literally the center of the universe for bass. Guitarists are spread over dozens of forums, and I suppose drummers can't fucking type, making this bass forum almost the only game in town if you play bass...truly unique.

Unfortunately, it's run by fucking nuns (it's not, but it might as well be), and no adult lasts five minutes on this board.

One of the world's best bass manufacturers (e.g. Ken Smith), and some of the world's best bass players (e.g. Jeff Berlin) are all banned from the place (as am I...shocker, huh?) as a result, because it's run like a fucking kindergarten, by fucking born-again Christians. Half the fucking moderators are in the "praise and worship" bass club. It's a fucking joke.

Ever hear a real Jazz musician talk?

Fucking morons.

It's rather sad, and if ever I have any real money in this world, I'll buy that fucking forum out from under that faggot Paul (the owner), liberate it, and give it back to real musicians, and take it away from all the fucking children that their nanny-state environment has attracted (how many times a day do you need some fucking kid posting "what's the best bass for metal??" anyway?).

John Turner (the guy who moderates the site) is a real fucking cunt. After he banned me, I had to firewall him from my mail server, because he then started harassing me by email!

I still read the forum, but I don't post anymore. Haven't in years.

I could make another account, but why share my knowledge, and build their site with my content? When not one serious adult is fucking left, the place will die under its own weight of the children, who can then discuss the best bass for metal alone.

Since they banned Jeff Berlin, I've already noticed the site begin to have less real valuable discussion content, as adult bassists are starting to stay away.

The sad fact is, this is a huge loss, because before moderation was imposed at this level, the site had grown to be truly unique in that literally almost all the bass players in the world are on it...or at least were on it, until Turner banned them for saying "poop" or something equally inane.

It's said that TV has always been dumbed down to the level of the 11-year-old mind.

It's sad to see the Internet succumb to the same fate.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #25
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Heavily moderated and censored forums attract some really weird fucking people. I had a similar experience on the Pit Bull Forum. Even having your own opinion is frowned upon there.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #26
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Wanna hear how bad it is on the bass forum?

You can't say that you think a bass is ugly, because it might offend someone who owns that bass.

Really.

I'm not kidding.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I think you win Avy, the bass forum sounds worse. At least I'm not made fun of for having a "mutt" horse.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Guitarists are spread over dozens of forums, and I suppose drummers can't fucking type, making this bass forum almost the only game in town if you play bass...truly unique.
http://www.drumchat.com/

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
I think you win Avy, the bass forum sounds worse. At least I'm not made fun of for having a "mutt" horse.
Does your 'mutt' look anything like this (my niece's horse)?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I knew you'd bite. That was for you