Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #11
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
They did pass something that all military are considered essential and will continue to get paid like normal.
Only AGR and T-10 ADOS are in that boat for us ARNG folks. If you're T-32 ADOS, you have to be specifically excepted/exempt from the shutdown. In my case, the HRF is considered essential, so we're still here working so we can maintain our response posture.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

On that note, the downside to being considered an essential asset is that we can't take any leave.. so the leave I had planned for the week of the 14th may get canceled, if this damn shut down is still ongoing. Which if that's the case, it means we won't be paid yet either. Which will make me a pretty unhappy camper.
Attached Images
File Type: gif tumblr_msnag7B8of1su4cb8o1_500.gif (318.2 KB, 72 views)

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I suggest that you find out who your local representative is and politely explain your situation before you shank the shit out of him or her.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I suggest that you find out who your local representative is and politely explain your situation before you shank the shit out of him or her.
If the fuckin republicans push this shit too far and then get voted out of office and then we get gun laws forced on us, I am going to be fuckin pissed. You aren't going to change Obamacare right now, give it the fuck up.... What you are going to get, is get voted out of office and then we get all of the Democrat wet dreams put in place like they did with Obamacare thanks to Bushy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If the fuckin republicans push this shit too far and then get voted out of office and then we get gun laws forced on us, I am going to be fuckin pissed. You aren't going to change Obamacare right now, give it the fuck up.... What you are going to get, is get voted out of office and then we get all of the Democrat wet dreams put in place like they did with Obamacare thanks to Bushy...
Could have been worse. You could have gotten an actual single payer medicare system instead of the watered down shit that you got.

Oh..... wait.....

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
CasterTroy

Quote:
get voted out of office and then we get all of the Democrat wet dreams put in place like they did with Obamacare thanks to Bushy...

This is my biggest fear.

It's over....we're already fooked (Obamacare) so stop showboating! In just a few months time we'll ALL see how bad of an idea this package is, and when it's grossly underfunded the whole country will turn on Obama.

All they're doing now is turning straight party voters against them too.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Could have been worse. You could have gotten an actual single payer medicare system instead of the watered down shit that you got.

Oh..... wait.....
My insurance is actually really good, much better than what my Dad receives in Canada. Of course he has American insurance that blows mine out of the water as well for when he is in the States. If I get thrown into Obamacare, I will be pissed.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
My insurance is actually really good, much better than what my Dad receives in Canada. Of course he has American insurance that blows mine out of the water as well for when he is in the States. If I get thrown into Obamacare, I will be pissed.
I would be pissed too because you guys had the chance to do it right for basic coverage, better than us in fact, and it all got screwed up by partisan bullshit. A good single payer system allows for both two tier coverage and reduced costs, by bulk purchase. Public and private can co-exist. With the amount of money you folks pay for insurance the people paying the most for the best coverage could pay a little less, while still helping to cover the costs for those who can't afford ANY health insurance.

Your dad pays a fraction of what you do, for what he gets here by default. A supplemental health plan would easily bring him up to your level, while still paying less than what you do. You could have even better than that, for less than what you pay now, if your system was set up right (the way that ours should be).

Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I would be pissed too because you guys had the chance to do it right for basic coverage, better than us in fact, and it all got screwed up by partisan bullshit. A good single payer system allows for both two tier coverage and reduced costs, by bulk purchase. Public and private can co-exist. With the amount of money you folks pay for insurance the people paying the most for the best coverage could pay a little less, while still helping to cover the costs for those who can't afford ANY health insurance.

Your dad pays a fraction of what you do, for what he gets here by default. A supplemental health plan would easily bring him up to your level, while still paying less than what you do. You could have even better than that, for less than what you pay now, if your system was set up right (the way that ours should be).
I have federal coverage, it's great and right now we aren't being forced on exchanges.

He pays similar for his Canada coverage that I do, prescription prices are very similar because my plan has a max for uncovered medication that I cannot pay over if no generic is available.

His high management level coverage in the States just crushes anything I could get as a worker bee without spending a small fortune.

Obamacare doesn't really bother me too much though. The only thing that I would like to see go is the individual mandate. That should of been shot down by the supreme court.

Last edited by Trip; 10-04-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
I have federal coverage, it's great and right now we aren't being forced on exchanges.

He pays similar for his Canada coverage that I do, prescription prices are very similar because my plan has a max for uncovered medication that I cannot pay over if no generic is available.

His high management level coverage in the States just crushes anything I could get as a worker bee without spending a small fortune.

Obamacare doesn't really bother me too much though. The only thing that I would like to see go is the individual mandate. That should of been shot down by the supreme court.
So he's a foreign national who actually pays for the care he receives here, rather than it being paid for by remittance? Well we've got to make SOMe money, don't we? It's not like we would charge him the same that we would a Canadian citizen

The best way to handle universal health care would be to take a basic rate from everyone who can afford it, for a basic level of care, then allow supplemental insurance to be added over and above that. The basic level of care would be overseen by a single payer system. Similar systems exist up here for auto insurance, and they seem to work reasonably well.