Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats what I use in the Zuk.
Plus it's cheap... I get a 4L jug for $25
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #22
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I always bought by the liter...I like single better.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I always bought by the liter...I like single better.
Yea the Repsol bottle with the tube in it is worth the extra buck by itself!
I've been using Suzuki full synth lately 'cause I'm a bum and it costs $6 a qt for full synthetic. Ofcourse it's probably type III but it's still better than dino juice. I'm considering going back to Mobile1 since a guy I ride with here can get it for me for $7 a qt. It's type IV and I don't have to deal with Ron Ayers hours of 9-6 t-f and sat 9-2. They have the shortest hours I've ever seen and they're the only jap dealer in the area!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #24
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea the Repsol bottle with the tube in it is worth the extra buck by itself!
What do you mean tube in it? It's a pain in the ass to pour right out of the container right into the bike due to the angle of the filler. I have to pout it into a smaller container so I don't sill it all over.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Found the reason why this was started. Old seal tech use to leak when you switched from one to the other, but if you have a newer bike you have nothing to worry about. If you have an older bike, it would be advisable to watch for leaky seals and oil comsumption.

From Mobile1;

Myth: Mobil 1 will leak out of the seals of older cars.
Reality:

Mobil 1 does not cause leaks. In fact, new Mobil 1 was tested in dozens of industry standard and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) tests to prove its seal performance. It is fully compatible with the elastomeric materials from which all automotive seals and gaskets are made. If an older engine is in good condition and does not have oil leaks, Mobil 1 provides the same advantages as when used in a new engine. ExxonMobil recommends taking measures to repair the leaks, then using Mobil 1. ExxonMobil also recommends following the automobile manufacturer's manual for the proper oil to use.

Where'd you get your info,Trip? The only thing I've heard was that if your vehicle already has leaks and sludge is "plugging" them,synth oil will clean out the sludge and let the oil flow out easier.

on a small side note,have you guys seen the Mobile1 High mileage oil yet? They claim a 15,000 oil change and guarantee no damage to your engine although I'm sure there are some provisos,etc. Still that's nuts!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
What do you mean tube in it? It's a pain in the ass to pour right out of the container right into the bike due to the angle of the filler. I have to pout it into a smaller container so I don't sill it all over.

here ya go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg repsol2 011.jpg (145.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
here ya go...
No shit? Yeah thats makes it worth the extra cost to buy it individually. I didnt know that was there. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No shit? Yeah thats makes it worth the extra cost to buy it individually. I didnt know that was there. Thanks!
Yep,I wish they'd all do that! Hey,make sure the tube is "locked" into place before you squeeze the bottle.......
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #29
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
From Mobile1;

on a small side note,have you guys seen the Mobile1 High mileage oil yet? They claim a 15,000 oil change and guarantee no damage to your engine although I'm sure there are some provisos,etc. Still that's nuts!
15,000 isn't that crazy. I drive a BMW car, and its computer monitors driving conditions, etc, and tells me when to change the oil. I change at 10,000 miles regardless of what it tells me, but the computer always tells me that it has 3 to 5k left before the recommended change! Granted the damn thing holds 6.9 quarts, but that's still amazing. Kind of debunks the 3k mile oil change myth, huh? There are numerous tests on taxi fleets, etc. that say there is no advantage to changing oil at 3k miles as opposed to say 7.5k.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
15,000 isn't that crazy. I drive a BMW car, and its computer monitors driving conditions, etc, and tells me when to change the oil. I change at 10,000 miles regardless of what it tells me, but the computer always tells me that it has 3 to 5k left before the recommended change! Granted the damn thing holds 6.9 quarts, but that's still amazing. Kind of debunks the 3k mile oil change myth, huh? There are numerous tests on taxi fleets, etc. that say there is no advantage to changing oil at 3k miles as opposed to say 7.5k.
True! I was mostly commenting on the guarantee part of it. I worked for Ashland and know for a fact that the 3000 mile oil change was nothing more than a marketing tool to get people into instant oil change places. I'm not sure but I don't think a single oem still reccomends lofs every 3000 miles. Even if they did,I'd still suspect it was at least partially a ploy to get people into their service bays for lofs!