Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #21
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Boneheads that park on the wrong side of the street- talking state highway, not in town- to get their mail. Really fucking annoying when you're trying to find a place to pass, and get headlights where they should not be.

And then there are the idiots that slow to a crawl in their own lane, then move into the opposing lane, then stop to make a left turn. For crying out loud, just turn from your own damn lane! I could take that turn three times faster and not hold up traffic in both directions.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Lots of roadkill about on the roads up here - have to keep your eyes peeled...some of those furry stink-lumps are pretty big.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #23
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

well there was a window or door screen in the middle of the road today, I turned around to move it, but a car had already stopped to move it by that time.

Also had two roosters and a turkey in the road today.

Last edited by tached1000rr; 11-01-2009 at 06:01 PM..
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #24
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

As of yesterday there are coyotes and other stray canines on the road. Saw a stray today and wanted to take him home but I don't think I could carry him on my shoulders while riding. So target fixating and pangs of heartache for stray animals can be kind of distracting.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #25
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

MINIVANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING HATE EVERYONE THAT DRIVES ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soccer moms, old people that shouldnt be allowed to look at a vehicle, high schoolers (not as bad as old people), women drivers (ya I said it), more construction on the Loop, the bottom rubber part of the cones/barrels lying in the middle of the lanes for no apparent reason, dipshits that dont understand that the left lane is for passing (wish Texas would adapt the Oklahoma ticket to left lane drivers), CELLPHONES!!!!!!!!!!, PEOPLE NOT GETTING OUT OF THE RIGHT LANE (when its 3 or more lanes) TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GET ONTO THE HIGHWAY!, people that drive right beside each other, people that pass others going 1mph faster than the other vehicle.

Now I put women and old people in the list and let me explain myself. Well that doesnt matter cause I'm sure someone will call me a "typical" guy and "guys wreck more than women, its proven" bs crap.

Ok. Old people and women have something in common when they drive. My gramps even agrees on the old person part. When an old person or woman gets into a vehicle they have one thing on their mind. THERE DESTINATION. But Ranger, isnt that important. You dont want to forget where you're going, right? Sure. I'd feel retarded if I forgot where I was going.

But here's the thing. I've learned that that is the ONLY thing they are concentrating on. Hence the taking up two lanes, cutting people off, hitting people, doing distracting things while driving.

"What every. My insurance sells person says guys suck at driving thats why they pay more." Well good for you. I've never been in/apart/heard/seen male wreck that was because of something stupid like talking on the phone or doing their hair. That's counting all my guy friends, guy relatives, guy etc. I know it happens, but I've seen a good amount of wrecks with males involved and it wasnt because they had a cellphone between their legs set on vibrate.

Most guy wrecks are because they were doing something stupid like racing or doing a "trick" and the occasional, "O shit the vehicle is closer than I thought." LOL

Here's a scenario that I love and I was invold in. Yippie! I was in the right turning lane, red light. Fifth vehicle from light. Girl behind me talking on phone in her little black Hyundai. Light turns green and you know how it takes a few seconds before you can take off because of the cars in front of you. Well it's my turn to take off and I do but the third vehicle decides to brake a little (I dont know why) and home girl behind me (still on phone), decides to look down while hammering the gas......*repeat*.....WHILE LOOKING DOWN!

"Now how do you know she hammered the gas?" Cause I was in a F-150 and she made ME move on seat. Why in the hell would you look down when taking off from a red light, KNOWING there are vehicles in front of you. Her car was fucked up. Good hitch didnt get a scratch.

Come on. How many times have you taken off at a red light with vehicles in front of you and NOT have any of them hit the brakes?

Last edited by Rangerscott; 11-01-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #26
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Actually high schoolers have more accidents per mile than old people.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #27
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Actually high schoolers have more accidents per mile than old people.
But they tend to drive less crazy in the time that you're around them.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #28
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

An orange metal "Construction Ahead" sign laying flat in the middle of the road.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #29
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
An orange metal "Construction Ahead" sign laying flat in the middle of the road.

A 5 inch thick rectangle cone base. I moved it out of the way one evening and it was in the same place the next day. Fuckers.

I had a 4x8 sheet of plywood fly over me once. Was on a curved over pass behind my brother. He hit the plywood, the wind caught it, wind picked it up, and it would have taken my head off if I didn't duck.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #30
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

I once ran over a mattress on my 636 at 75mph. I had nowhere to go, so I just stood up on the pegs a little and went over it dirtbike-style. Freaked me out, but went over just fine.