Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Default Victory Police Bike

From Cyril's Blog

Quote:
First, let me mention that this Victory Police Motorcycles enterprise was not born at the Polaris headquarters, but from the initiative of a Victory Dealer in Tucson Arizona (Nita Buckner and Mike Shultz) with the support of a motor officer named Shawn Ramsey. Here is the story.

2007, the Tucson Law Enforcement Cycle Fest and Swap meet was held in downtown Tucson. Public is invited to watch the riding skills of Tucson’s finest police officers. 4 new Victory are lent for the officers to ride against the Kawasaki 1000’s and Harley Davidson Road Kings. Instantly they love the easy handling, performance and reliability and inquire as to why Victory had never offered a Police Motorcycle.

They talked about the possibility but nothing was done immediately. Later, Mike Shultz contacted Victory and inquired as to the possibility of entering the Police Motorcycle business with the Victory Kingpin motorcycle. Victory promptly provided Arizona Victory with a new Victory Kingpin in which to convert for Police use.

More than 3 years later and after a tremendous number of hours, meetings, surveys and information gathering from Motor Officers not only in Tucson but from around the U.S., the Police Victory Kingpin was built and 3 models are now available: The Enforcer (top picture), the Commander 1 with fairing and the Commander 2 with windshield. Both models come standard with largest in class 106 cubic inch V Twin producing 97 horsepower (4500 rpm) and best 119 ft/lbs of torque (3200 rpm). Coupled with a 6 speed, true overdrive constant mesh transmission, right hand drive with carbon fiber reinforced drive belt. The new company is already offering to Police Departments around the country complete turn-key solutions (bike is delivered with lights, siren, radio, crash bars, etc) and is ready for duty on delivery day.
For more info, see Cyril &/or Vics links above.

What do you think?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I can dig it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA
Default Good Private Effort! :)

1) Good looking police bike! It'll find favor with the HD crowd that doesn't want any of the other choices (i.e. non-cruiser style police bike)

2) Its DOA if it doesn't have ABS brakes. As an officer protection / injury liability containment issue, ABS brakes are all but required now.

3) If the alternator isn't at least 700W, then its also DOA. The assortment of radios, cameras, information systems now being slathered over police bikes require LOTS of power from the charging system. A few departments are even fitting rolling radar units on the bikes.
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Looks cool for a police bike, but really someone needs to start producing criminals bikes so we can go riding around playing cops and robbers.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

My question would be cost. HD usually leases their police bikes to depts for damn near free. I know when my home town got their first set... they were only charged $1 a month! or somin like that..

EDIT: I see Vic is trying to do the same type of deals... and it's not exactly $1 a month, it seems there are a few options for lower costs.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Similarly...i saw a cruiser run from the state police last night.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Our bike cops get BMWs and they are superior in every way to their previous HD bikes,according to them. My company does all the lights, sirens, radar, etc...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #8
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Our bike cops get BMWs and they are superior in every way to their previous HD bikes,according to them. My company does all the lights, sirens, radar, etc...
I have also talked to local cops who have experienced both the HD and the (I Think it was) the FJR police bikes, and they also say that the FJR was superior in every way possible, handling, power, comfort. I'm sure that the BMWs are pretty good too as are the newer connie police bikes, and some of the other japanese ones that are popular.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

It looks fun to ride at least...
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I'd rather see our officers in full gear.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote