Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I'm the same way, I've walked out plenty of places if I didnt get the price I wanted...Sometimes They stop me sometimes they dont.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Took me a month to buy my car years ago because I knew how much I wanted to pay, where the payments needed to be, etc. Eventually the dealership caved and I got what I wanted.
The Subie also took about a month and eventually got to a price that I knew wasn't going to go much lower.

Erik is a pussy when it comes to negotiating anything. I try not to insult but if I can't get it for what I want, I walk away.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I insult right off the bat, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I did pick up a '07 zx6r that needed a little work for $1200 using my method.
I'm not afraid of insulting... someone else will be selling the same or similar shit tomorrow anyway... It really all depends on how much I want/need the item. I'm not afraid to pay actual worth or sometimes a bit more if it's something I really want/need and may be hard to find. I always try to negotiate, but I don't ALWAYS have to be getting the most amazing deal in the world. However, it's quite rare that I cannot talk someone down from the asking price...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I hate negotiating. It's just not my game.

List what you are selling for a price. If I think it is fair, I'll take it. If it's not, I'll keep looking until I find what I want.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
It really all depends on how much I want/need the item.
That's the trick, though. Isn't it? I mean, I've had people get all butt-hurt with me when I'm selling an item and I don't like their lowball offer.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #16
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
BINGO

If you don't ask.....is key

Use too...when I'd list something on Craigslist I listed it for what I needed to have....then I'd get 100 calls wanting it for 20% less than what I listed it for.

Use to piss me off...now, I just play the game List it 20% high so people feel like they WON something when they talk you down 20%

If I'm going to buy I ask "is that your bottom dollar?" If they don't budge and it's a deal....I'll still buy it. But if it's not...I'll thank them and walk away. 9 times out of 10 if they were bluffing they'll stop me, and tell me to make an offer.
Yep that's been pretty much my experience as well. Advertise a car for .50 cents and I swear someone will ask..."would you take a quarter for it ?"

I just roll with it and have the amount that I'll buy or sale something for already in my head.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I hate negotiating. It's just not my game.

List what you are selling for a price. If I think it is fair, I'll take it. If it's not, I'll keep looking until I find what I want.
Yep. Its counter productive for me since I always want specific (and usually rare) things. I just look around until I find a deal I can accept.

Selling though ill play the game a bit.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yep that's been pretty much my experience as well. Advertise a car for .50 cents and I swear someone will ask..."would you take a quarter for it ?"

I just roll with it and have the amount that I'll buy or sale something for already in my head.
I've taken to adding that I'm not in the least bit desperate in my ads
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

For Craigslist, I usually set a fair price and sit on it until someone wises up and accepts it. And that usually doesn't take very long. I don't even respond to "will you take less" or "how low will you go" type of emails.

And when someone tells me they're coming by, I tell them they need to be prepared to pay what is listed in the ad.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-18-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I've taken to adding that I'm not in the least bit desperate in my ads
It seems I see this more often in ads people post. Something like "If I don't get the right offer I'll just keep it" or "Don't need to sell, just testing the market". It can get funny when a couple months pass and desperation starts setting in to the posts from those who didn't really mean it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote