Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I don't tend to negotiate... as I only look for prices in my range anyways... if it's a deal... great... if not... I'm out...

I don't care if someone got the same thing for less... if I think it's worth what I paid... perfect even if that's x2 what you paid... I'm not gonna insult anyone... just not my personality...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
It seems I see this more often in ads people post. Something like "If I don't get the right offer I'll just keep it" or "Don't need to sell, just testing the market". It can get funny when a couple months pass and desperation starts setting in to the posts from those who didn't really mean it.
Yeah on the year plus buick ordeal some idiot kept thinking id cave to his $125 offer. I told him he couldn't get the blower for that
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I hate negotiating. It's just not my game.

List what you are selling for a price. If I think it is fair, I'll take it. If it's not, I'll keep looking until I find what I want.

And this would be me as well. I like the trick of listing it higher than you actually want tho,I may try that next time I sell something.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #24
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Anytime I've been lowballed, I tell the person to fuck off and not contact me again.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Now you're using props. Awsome.
i've had quite a few friends ask me to help them negotiate a deal.

look at all the posts above that say if you offend them they'll tell you to blow. don't offend, appeal to their kindness. never tell someone their stuff is worth less.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I love dealing with businesses but not people/personal sales. Oh I have no compunction with asking a company cut me a deal or to take something back! I just left Sears. I bought a set of rear tires for my Mustang from a buddy that got them wholesale for me, 285/35-18 Dunlop Supermaxx GT last Summer for $120 each. I had them installed by Colony Tire by another buddy for $20. Month ago I hit a pot hole and bulge the tire. I have no reciept. I go to Sears, who is a Dunlop dealer, call Dunlop while I'm there. Explain the situation, hand the phone to "James" at the counter and they replaced my $400 retail tire for FREE! People don't understand that a lot of corporations will happily help you out. I've done it with gear, tires, electronics, etc. It never hurts to ask, you'd be surprised what you can get them to do!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #27
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I usually negotiate when I can. I don't wait to the end to do it though because its kind of douchey. Usually I get what I want. Being nice and smiling goes a long way.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote