Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 07-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The specific Dainese model I mentioned is the only top-shelf race suit I'm familiar with that goes outside the boot. If you guys can find any other RACE SUIT that fits over the boot, it's probably a cheap Ebay $500 piece of shit made in Pakistan that no racer worth his salt would ever buy anyway.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The only reason Rossi wears what he wears is because Dainese pays him to. Personally I think RS Taichi and Kushitani suits are superior.
Kushitani? Have you owned Kushitani leathers and Dainese leathers? I have and the Dainese was superior! I've never owned RS Taichi so I don't know and won't speculate about something I know nothing about... BTW I hated the Kushitani two piece gloves.... HATED THEM!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Leathers tucked into boots.

Jeans over boots.
Fuddy Duddy!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Leathers tucked into boots.

Jeans over boots.
This lady knows what's up.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
The specific Dainese model I mentioned is the only top-shelf race suit I'm familiar with that goes outside the boot. If you guys can find any other RACE SUIT that fits over the boot, it's probably a cheap Ebay $500 piece of shit made in Pakistan that no racer worth his salt would ever buy anyway.
Fuddy Duddy! Btw everybody is having their leathers made in China these days Pops, very few companies use Pakistan anymore...
Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
This lady knows what's up.
Well if you love her so much why don't you marry her? You could get his and her's rocking chairs for your front porch and everything!
Mr and Mrs Fuddy Duddy!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Kushitani? Have you owned Kushitani leathers and Dainese leathers? I have and the Dainese was superior! I've never owned RS Taichi so I don't know and won't speculate about something I know nothing about... BTW I hated the Kushitani two piece gloves.... HATED THEM!!!
Um, so how about their suits? Have you seen Kushitani suits? Do they even have them in stores out there, like they do over here? You can't find better leather than Kushitani, IMO. They raise their own cows. And don't hate on the gloves just because you couldn't fit them........I owned some, and I thought they were top-quality stuff. They feel like a second skin, but they run long and skinny, because duh, they are Asian fit.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Um, so how about their suits? Have you seen Kushitani suits? Do they even have them in stores out there, like they do over here? You can't find better leather than Kushitani, IMO. They raise their own cows. And don't hate on the gloves just because you couldn't fit them........I owned some, and I thought they were top-quality stuff. They feel like a second skin, but they run long and skinny, because duh, they are Asian fit.
Damn! I'm gonna give it to you on the gloves! Man those bitches were terrible fit wise and would not "break in" to save my life!!! I won't necessarily agree that their leather is the best though. They had just come out with their "silk screen" on leather technique that I found to be irresistible at the time! It's funny but I've owned 60-75% of all the "off the rack" leather makers from AGV to Vanson and you'll laugh but I really like Icon's quality and the way they are manufactured.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #29
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Yeah, my AVG has hard armour on the back of the boot. I havent crashed in them but I have put a hard footpeg in them often enough to know they are saving me from some pain. Not riding but loading and unloading the bike, lol

the shin and ankle armor helped me ride out a near lowside while racing Danny Eslick at the Pridmore school. The toe sliders do their bit often...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Damn! I'm gonna give it to you on the gloves! Man those bitches were terrible fit wise and would not "break in" to save my life!!! I won't necessarily agree that their leather is the best though. They had just come out with their "silk screen" on leather technique that I found to be irresistible at the time! It's funny but I've owned 60-75% of all the "off the rack" leather makers from AGV to Vanson and you'll laugh but I really like Icon's quality and the way they are manufactured.
Icon isn't bad for the price you pay......I just think they have too many stitches and potential tear points because of all the patches and things they put on them. Kushitani raises their own cows, so they control the leather quality to the extent where they can cut bigger pieces than the other guys. Bigger pieces = fewer stitches. Also their leather feels really soft & supple. There's a lot of Alpinestars and Shift that feels really stiff, like cardboard.

BTW I think RS Taichi is the only one with the silk-screen technique.......and they only put in on their $1200+ suits, not the $800-1200 ones.