Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #11
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I don't blame the DA, the guy did shoot after he wasn't in danger anymore, if the guy would have stood up yeh it was self defense, but the dude was already on the floor.

Other than that, good for him

You ever been shot at? I don't understand why our justice system expects the victim to make the correct moral judgment when their life was just in danger. It's only ~45 seconds from the time a guy gets a handgun shoved in his face to when he fires a few more rounds at the guy on the floor. When your heart rate suddenly hits 180bpm and adrenaline dumps into your system by the pound, 45 seconds can be a blink of an eye. I bet he made up his mind what he was going to do in the first 0.5 seconds, then his body was on auto-pilot for the rest.

There's a real simple way to avoid being shot by a pharmacist: don't attempt armed robbery on a pharmacy.

Jerome Ersland is the victim of armed robbery. The criminals are the two that premeditated armed robbery. Their thoughts and actions took much more than 45 seconds to plan and act out.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

This has been all over the local news.

According to what he has said, basically, this...

He shot the kid in the head, and headed after the other one, who ran away to a waiting car.

He came back in, and the kid was apparently moving. The guy had recently had spinal surgery, and could not move anywhere in a hurry. At this point he was still fearful for his life he said, and if the kid had come after him, there was no way he could defend himself or the ladies that were working with him in the store.

From what I've heard/seen, he was justified. It pisses me off when people say he was a good kid. NO, he wasn't!!

There is only reason as best I can tell that the DA is pressing charges. One segment of the community would be in an uproar otherwise.

Hell, at the bail hearing, the DA told the judge this guy *should* be allowed to keep his guns, and to carry a gun when he goes to work. The judge denied that motion and the man had to turn over all of his weapons to his attorney.

The moral of the story is: If you want to walk into a store like Billy Bad Ass and rob it, don't be surprised if you get your ass shot.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #13
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
He came back in, and the kid was apparently moving. The guy had recently had spinal surgery, and could not move anywhere in a hurry.
If you can't move very quickly and are afraid of the guy bleeding on the floor, leave.

I have no sympathy for the thieves. There is, however, a limit to what you can do in a case like this. If he had unloaded his first gun into the guy's head in a panic, then so be it. This was an execution.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #14
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
If you can't move very quickly and are afraid of the guy bleeding on the floor, leave.

I have no sympathy for the thieves. There is, however, a limit to what you can do in a case like this. If he had unloaded his first gun into the guy's head in a panic, then so be it. This was an execution.
There were two female employees in the store. He was not sure of their whereabouts and at one point said he thought one of them had been hit also. He wasn't about to leave them there when there was still a potential thread in the building. This guy is a veteran and acted according to what he thought was right.

I stand by what I said. He did the right thing.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

And I stand by my statement that it wasn't in self defence, it was an execution.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #16
Destitute
Canyon Carver

Let the system run its course. I hope the pharmacist is acquitted of any criminal charges. Perhaps he will end up with civil liability for wrongful death.
Destitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
Rider
Moto GP Star

That fucking punk got what he deserved. The Pharmacist is a god damn hero, treat him like not, not like a criminal.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #18
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
You ever been shot at? I don't understand why our justice system expects the victim to make the correct moral judgment when their life was just in danger. It's only ~45 seconds from the time a guy gets a handgun shoved in his face to when he fires a few more rounds at the guy on the floor. When your heart rate suddenly hits 180bpm and adrenaline dumps into your system by the pound, 45 seconds can be a blink of an eye. I bet he made up his mind what he was going to do in the first 0.5 seconds, then his body was on auto-pilot for the rest.

There's a real simple way to avoid being shot by a pharmacist: don't attempt armed robbery on a pharmacy.

Jerome Ersland is the victim of armed robbery. The criminals are the two that premeditated armed robbery. Their thoughts and actions took much more than 45 seconds to plan and act out.
Quote:

He shot the kid in the head, and headed after the other one, who ran away to a waiting car.

He came back in, and the kid was apparently moving. The guy had recently had spinal surgery, and could not move anywhere in a hurry. At this point he was still fearful for his life he said, and if the kid had come after him, there was no way he could defend himself or the ladies that were working with him in the store.

From what I've heard/seen, he was justified. It pisses me off when people say he was a good kid. NO, he wasn't!!

There is only reason as best I can tell that the DA is pressing charges. One segment of the community would be in an uproar otherwise.

Hell, at the bail hearing, the DA told the judge this guy *should* be allowed to keep his guns, and to carry a gun when he goes to work. The judge denied that motion and the man had to turn over all of his weapons to his attorney.

The moral of the story is: If you want to walk into a store like Billy Bad Ass and rob it, don't be surprised if you get your ass shot.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:

"The segment" of the community I think you are referring to is always in an uproar when shit like this goes down around here.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #20
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
you ever been shot at? I don't understand why our justice system expects the victim to make the correct moral judgment when their life was just in danger. It's only ~45 seconds from the time a guy gets a handgun shoved in his face to when he fires a few more rounds at the guy on the floor. When your heart rate suddenly hits 180bpm and adrenaline dumps into your system by the pound, 45 seconds can be a blink of an eye. I bet he made up his mind what he was going to do in the first 0.5 seconds, then his body was on auto-pilot for the rest.

There's a real simple way to avoid being shot by a pharmacist: Don't attempt armed robbery on a pharmacy.

Jerome ersland is the victim of armed robbery. The criminals are the two that premeditated armed robbery. Their thoughts and actions took much more than 45 seconds to plan and act out.
qfmft

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote