Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #21
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
There's a real simple way to avoid being shot by a pharmacist: don't attempt armed robbery on a pharmacy.
Or rob an Walgreens in some large cities Yuppie section. Not "Billy Bob's Gas/Tire/Lube/Grill/Pharmacy" in Bodunk, Arkansas.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #22
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Or rob an Walgreens in some large cities Yuppie section. Not "Billy Bob's Gas/Tire/Lube/Grill/Pharmacy" in Bodunk, Arkansas.
word.

i mean, c'mon.... how stupid can you be.

oh and "oh he was a good kid"

yeah he might have been good when he was like 5, but clearly that fucker is out causing a stir now (or, well, was).
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
And I stand by my statement that it wasn't in self defence, it was an execution.
Potato, potahto. Call it what you want, but I support the guy. That dumbass touched the stove. Maybe he's not a victim, he's an example? When the balloon goes up you can't tell what your reaction will be, and when some punk kid runs into a pharmacy waving a gun, he's running a risk. Apparently this time it was a risk of getting shot five times.

And the family will of course be on the news talking about how he was a good kid, how he was turning his life around. Like this armed robbery attempt was just a little slip on his road to success. Fuck this kid, he brought deadly force against a peaceable man and lost. Let the pharmacist go, give him his gun back, and stencil the silhouette of an armed robber on the door of his store like they stencil MiG silhouettes on the side of our fighters.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Like this armed robbery attempt was just a little slip on his road to success.
It was gonna be the LAST time, honest!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #25
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Potato, potahto. Call it what you want, but I support the guy. That dumbass touched the stove. Maybe he's not a victim, he's an example? When the balloon goes up you can't tell what your reaction will be, and when some punk kid runs into a pharmacy waving a gun, he's running a risk. Apparently this time it was a risk of getting shot five times.

And the family will of course be on the news talking about how he was a good kid, how he was turning his life around. Like this armed robbery attempt was just a little slip on his road to success. Fuck this kid, he brought deadly force against a peaceable man and lost. Let the pharmacist go, give him his gun back, and stencil the silhouette of an armed robber on the door of his store like they stencil MiG silhouettes on the side of our fighters.
It is possible to simultaneously be both suspect and victim. There were two separate crimes committed here.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
There were two separate crimes committed here.
I have to disagree. There is a key word that hasn't been brought up much in this whole thing. Premeditation. Those kids had given thought and planning to robbing that pharmacy. The guy working there did not wake up and say to himself "I think I'll shoot someone today."

I think that says it all myself.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #27
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I have to disagree. There is a key word that hasn't been brought up much in this whole thing. Premeditation. Those kids had given thought and planning to robbing that pharmacy. The guy working there did not wake up and say to himself "I think I'll shoot someone today."

I think that says it all myself.
As I stated earlier in this thread premeditation can take place over weeks, or in a split second. The shop owner showed premeditation by going over to his cabinet, retrieving a second gun, then proceeding to put 5 bullets into a nominally helpless target.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
There were two separate crimes committed here.
yeah - one by the robber and one by the legal system.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #29
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
yeah - one by the robber and one by the legal system.
Truth.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
As I stated earlier in this thread premeditation can take place over weeks, or in a split second. The shop owner showed premeditation by going over to his cabinet, retrieving a second gun, then proceeding to put 5 bullets into a nominally helpless target.
He was just protecting himself. It's hard to convict someone if they claim they were fearful of their life and took appropriate action to neutralize the threat. I'd kill the SOB too. As long as someone like that is alive they are a threat. You ever watch horror movies? You never stop until you're absolutely certain your target is D-E-A-D.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote