Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default PSA for any cruisers headed for NW AR! (rant)

Attention all Ozark bound cruisers...Please accept this as prior notice of my intention to pass you.

While I recognize your right to enjoy Arkansas highways as you seem fit (at 15 mph under the posted limit or 20 mph under the curve advisory limit) while enjoying the scenery and the sun reflecting off the chrome of the unbaffled straight pipes in front of you, I like to ride differently.

This is not being condescending i am just pointing out obvious differences in our riding pursuits. We sport bike riders enjoy leaning with the curves at speeds slightly higher than the advisory limit and occaisionally the posted limit. This does not make us reckless adrenaline junkies bent on suicidal kamikaze passing as our bikes have a higher level of performance making such maneuvers easy and even somewhat safe.

However, if you insist on riding in tight staggered formation and do not leave room for passing you one at a time, I have to pass you all at once in groups. This will require I gain significant speed if I am to stay in the left lane and pass before the end of the straightaway. Please observe I have no compuction for passing on the double yellow when your speed is 15 mph lower than the posted limit. If this makes you uncomfortable pull to the shoulder stripe and waive me by.

You have the right to be angry about it if you wish and even react poorly using hand signals but this will not change my mind. That is all carry on!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
t-homo
WSB Champion

Haha. Nice rant.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

slightly? lol i feel bad about myself if im not at least double the suggested limit
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Attention all Ozark bound cruisers...Please accept this as prior notice of my intention to pass you.

While I recognize your right to enjoy Arkansas highways as you seem fit (at 15 mph under the posted limit or 20 mph under the curve advisory limit) while enjoying the scenery and the sun reflecting off the chrome of the unbaffled straight pipes in front of you, I like to ride differently.

This is not being condescending i am just pointing out obvious differences in our riding pursuits. We sport bike riders enjoy leaning with the curves at speeds slightly higher than the advisory limit and occaisionally the posted limit. This does not make us reckless adrenaline junkies bent on suicidal kamikaze passing as our bikes have a higher level of performance making such maneuvers easy and even somewhat safe.

However, if you insist on riding in tight staggered formation and do not leave room for passing you one at a time, I have to pass you all at once in groups. This will require I gain significant speed if I am to stay in the left lane and pass before the end of the straightaway. Please observe I have no compuction for passing on the double yellow when your speed is 15 mph lower than the posted limit. If this makes you uncomfortable pull to the shoulder stripe and waive me by.

You have the right to be angry about it if you wish and even react poorly using hand signals but this will not change my mind. That is all carry on!
NOOOO SHIT! that shit annoyed the hell out of me
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
zerioustt
i like titties

People going slow in the twisties should be castrated.

I heart twisties on my cruiser..especially when I have sportbikes trying to keep up.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Normally when I see a parade in the mountains. I just stop and chill for a bit. But if I see a parade coming I wait until they get real close then bolt in front of them.

I did have a cruiser (3 of them) try and run me off the road one time and about ran me off bad. I just squeezed in front of him right before a car came around a curve. So I slowed down and started doing a kicking motion and got slower and slower and slower. Once they got real close to me and saw I wasn't some skinny 130lb French bike jockey in leathers and instead was a 225lb pool table moving pissed off Mother Fucker who was going to kick all three of their Business exec by week badass by weekend asses right there on the road. Well the lead guy had an "Oh Shit" look on his face as we creeped at 15mph. I finally sped off and stopped at a gas station and just stared them down as they went by. They didn't feel the need to stop where the other 100 motorcycles where.

Which I've never had a problem from the REAL Harley riders. Most of them who grew up riding Harleys, BMWs, and Triumphs from the 70s understand that they'd be on the same bikes if they were in their 20s. It's your POS weekend Badass' who bug me and try to play weekend vigilinte.

I remember at the Gap I pass a parade and some guy gave the "Slow Down" motion (Pressing a hand towards the ground). It hought it was maybe a cop so I rode the entire 10 miles being a good little boy. Finally I get to the observation and ask if they've seen any cops. I mention the parade and some said they did the same thing.

I was fucking pissed about jumped on my bike but I thought two things would happen. I'd get riding the gap and forget about them and be happy. Or I'd be so fucking pissed by the time I got down there I'd end up in jail for making the fucker pull a Harrison Ford off the dam.

Okay rant over.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

I just ask that folks know their performance "place". What I hate is a guy on a chrome barge struggling to keep me from passing him. You can tell he isn't having fun. He can't be wrestling that big bastard well beyond his comfort margin.

I don't hate you. I don't wish you ill will. I simply want by. If you hold me up, sling hand gestures, try to run me off the road, you give me power over you. If you pull over just a bit, I will blow by you in a millisecond and POOF I am out of your sight and off your planet. You can go back to doing what you enjoy and I can get back to doing what I enjoy.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i will admit that i enjoy zipping up to them and being loud until i get a wave by lol
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I havent had many run ins with the kind that you speak of quite yet...but I know I would never wanna be passed on ym bike so I can only imagine how it feels for them...But I have no sympathy for ones who ride at or below the suggested speed limit.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

yikes! guess i'll aim my cruiser the other direction.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote