Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
How are you going to get assasins or special forces in there? Anybody who is not north korean will stick out like a sore thumb.
This is America...we're not all white here. I dunno, maybe its not possible and that's why its never been done. Just seems like for all our power, technology and intelligence that we could pull it off. Journalists have snuck in and out of North Korea...no?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
As I understand it that was kind of the theory on Iraq. Get rid of the Husseins and the group of enablers around them and all the regular people who have been yearning for freedom would welcome us with open arms. Look at the way the war was initially conducted. The initial bombing campaign was specifically focused on the military and political leadership of the country. The invasion force raced as quickly as possible to Baghdad to contain the leadership while bypassing as much of the population as possible. That population didn't react the way our leaders expected. What you are saying about NK makes sense to me, but that doesn't mean that is what will happen.
Two major differences there. NK isint remotely theocratic (unless you count worship of the glorious leader) and they actually have a national identity. If that kind of option were used I honestly think it would go better
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Good points all. Is there an option that does not represent an extreme to either side. On one side you don't do shit and let them eventually develop nuclear missiles, or on the other hand a full-scale invasion.

Like, just kill Kim and a dozen or so underlings and just leave...

Or is the best option in the interest of future well-being to actually take out a majority of the population as Rider says...?
North Korea already has nuclear weapons (they have conducted 2 underground weapons tests) and missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads. I don't know if the weapons they have developed would fit on the missiles they have though. Those weapons have a lot to do with my concern over any "war talk" from North Korea even if it is just posturing on their part.

I suspect concern over what would happen to those weapons would be a substantial roadblock to the "just leave" plan.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
This is America...we're not all white here. I dunno, maybe its not possible and that's why its never been done. Just seems like for all our power, technology and intelligence that we could pull it off. Journalists have snuck in and out of North Korea...no?
Everything I've seen has been journalist being there legally, and then just doing things they shouldn't. You or I could go. We just need to go through the right channels.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Two major differences there. NK isint remotely theocratic (unless you count worship of the glorious leader) and they actually have a national identity. If that kind of option were used I honestly think it would go better
It couldn't go much worse, but there are always unanticipated consequences. Violence wasn't really one of them, but there were a ton of problems with the reunification of Germany and that was under peacetime conditions. That the North Koreans have demonstrated they are in possession of nuclear weapons adds another layer of complexity and unpredictability to the situation.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Why can't we, as the nation that bills itself as the most powerful, send in a team of the most highly trained men to cut the head off? We're talking about 2 guys and 1 family since the Korean War. Yes, I realized they are somewhat financially backed by China and what not, but nonetheless....its just two men running that country in our lifetime. Why can't we just kill Kim?

Now, maybe with the level of successful brainwashing in that country it might not matter. If North Korea's citizens truly believe that Americans are satan and that Kim is God...then I guess killing him only makes them more hostile.

On one hand it's hard to believe that an entire populace could be so thoroughly brainwashed and controled, but then again, it happens right here in the USA too so maybe there's something to it.

Its an interesting quandary.
because the anti war hippies would protest that as unfair to someones rights, or whatever. it has to be a fair all out war so they know we're coming and then everyone can hold hands and scream about how disgusting and arrogant our nation is and how we should just stay out of everything like switzerland or some shit.

seriously I wish we would do it that way but it does hold a few serious drawbacks. suddenly our elite teams are driven by our leaders and anytime a nation's leader defies us we simply go "cut off the head". could definitely become to easy to become a land of terrorists rather then a super power.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

May have to tear a page outta the Mummar Quadaffi play book here. Post our navy, send thru a few cruise missles 'or did Bush use all those?' aimed at Sr leadership, and see who backs down first?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
As sick as I am of hearing about them, I'm ready to go.

I'm fucking tired of saber rattling. Let's start killing each other and get this shit over with so we can have about 40 years of peace and quiet.

How are you going to get assasins or special forces in there? Anybody who is not north korean will stick out like a sore thumb.
Maybe try something like the Bay of Pigs.....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #19
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Maybe try something like the Bay of Pigs.....
That's a great idea.

All we have to do is get Kim over to Cuba for a weekend commie retreat, and BAM! Gotcha!

JC
Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

People...
North Korea does not have nuclear weapons.
Setting off a nuclear explosion is not the same as weaponizing a nuclear warhead.
Unless they plan to airlift the lab and all supporting equipment and drop it on the target.
Gonna suck for the lab techs who have to ride it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote