Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #21
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
People...
North Korea does not have nuclear weapons.
Setting off a nuclear explosion is not the same as weaponizing a nuclear warhead.
Unless they plan to airlift the lab and all supporting equipment and drop it on the target.
Gonna suck for the lab techs who have to ride it down
Tough shit.

They're expendable.

JC
Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Um, we're talking about a country that is so brain washed they are still living in the dark ages and dont even know enough to think theres something wrong with that.

Everything Kim tells them is TRUTH and everything he decides is LAW. There is no other way.

He has a city that is completely empty and blares propoganda all day long to keep an appearance of something that isnt really there. He doesnt allow his people to have anything that could be considered "western comfort". Look at a shot of the world at night, and see no lights on in that whole country except the capital.

Hubby had the opportunity to fly in once, the workers were punished and forced to turn their backs to the american planes because the soldiers guarding them told them to.

Send a few guys in undercover? Make sure we send ones who will fit in, because the first white guy walking around in a village is going to get burned at the stake by the very people we wish to "save" from their glorious leader.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #23
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Um, we're talking about a country that is so brain washed they are still living in the dark ages and dont even know enough to think theres something wrong with that.

Everything Kim tells them is TRUTH and everything he decides is LAW. There is no other way.

He has a city that is completely empty and blares propoganda all day long to keep an appearance of something that isnt really there. He doesnt allow his people to have anything that could be considered "western comfort". Look at a shot of the world at night, and see no lights on in that whole country except the capital.

Hubby had the opportunity to fly in once, the workers were punished and forced to turn their backs to the american planes because the soldiers guarding them told them to.

Send a few guys in undercover? Make sure we send ones who will fit in, because the first white guy walking around in a village is going to get burned at the stake by the very people we wish to "save" from their glorious leader.
There are a whole shit-ton of Korean Americans and I would guess at least a handfull of them would be willing to give this a shot if the opportunity presented itself. That really isn't the big problem in my view. The big problem is what happens next? That is totally unpredictable. I haven't seen what Paul posted reliably reported anywhere but even if we assume it is true you end up with an unknown taking over a country 1) capable of detonating a nuclear device and 2) in possession of weapons grade nuclear material. What the next whoever does about that is anyone's guess.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #24
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

You know, I wonder if perhaps smuggling people in to educate the N Koreans on the outside world wouldnt make some kind of difference in the way things are handled. But Kim is the end all be all. If he decides to nuke S Korea, and Im surprised he hasnt already, he's going to do it regardless of what the rest of the world thinks or does.

As far as them not having nukes, I'll believe that when pigs fly. We're talking about a nation that has one of the most brainwashed and militant populations, with secret bunkers and weapons and launching systems built into mountains (and our govt knows about this). All the money in the country goes solely to upkeeping the military and their toys. Believing they dont have the nukes to follow through on a threat is foolhardy at the least.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #25
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
You know, I wonder if perhaps smuggling people in to educate the N Koreans on the outside world wouldnt make some kind of difference in the way things are handled. But Kim is the end all be all. If he decides to nuke S Korea, and Im surprised he hasnt already, he's going to do it regardless of what the rest of the world thinks or does.

As far as them not having nukes, I'll believe that when pigs fly. We're talking about a nation that has one of the most brainwashed and militant populations, with secret bunkers and weapons and launching systems built into mountains (and our govt knows about this). All the money in the country goes solely to upkeeping the military and their toys. Believing they dont have the nukes to follow through on a threat is foolhardy at the least.
I understand what you are saying but I believe that would effectively be a suicide mission. It is hard enough for a person to live and operate in an unfriendly country covertly gathering and passing back intelligence. I doubt they would last very long overtly extolling the virtues of freedom, democracy, and the "West" to an uneducated and brainwashed population.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I understand what you are saying but I believe that would effectively be a suicide mission. It is hard enough for a person to live and operate in an unfriendly country covertly gathering and passing back intelligence. I doubt they would last very long overtly extolling the virtues of freedom, democracy, and the "West" to an uneducated and brainwashed population.
And starving...don't forget they are a largely starved population too.

You wanna eat? Toe Kim's line....otherwise..you and your family get no food.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #27
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

How bout we have a Kim Jong look alike contest, smuggle him in, and convince N Korea the real Kim Jong is a fake!

i still think a carefully planned Cruise missile attack would take care of the issue. You just have to be smart and let them ramp up the tension, cause the first strike ala the Gulf of Tonkin Incident in Vietnam or the Sinking of the Maine in the Spanish American War.

if that warship had been a US Destroyer then we would be knee deep in Kimshee about now.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #28
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

N. Korea has the world's 4th largest active duty army at around 1.1 mil, add in their 4.2 mil reservists and that puts them number 2 behind China. If we nuke them, China will have no other recourse but to retaliate against us due to the fallout that would threaten tens if not hundreds of thousands of chinese citizens. So that leaves us with 2 options; massive, large scale invasion or super-secret-way-beyond-spec-ops-rambo-jackie-chan bullshit...

so lets take a look...

Massive large scale invasion: several problems here, there is no way we can invade, we simply dont have the military manpower, even with South Korea to invade the north. There are only 2 land approaches, one being from China (well I dont think think they would be neighborly) and the other from the south, of course any ramp up in military strength on the peninsula would alert Kim, not to mention the fact that the north has the DMZ lined and stacked with enough artillery and armor to drop a shell on and around Seoul at an average of 1 shell per second for roughly 6 months, thats a lot of big firecrackers. The North are also rumored to possess the Ramona passive sensor system that can pick up almost any kind of transmissions and blankets the entire peninsula. We could try some Normandy-esque beach landings but back to the Ramona system, we wouldnt have the element of surprise. Why not use all of our stealth technology you say? Well we could and it would be somewhat effective however, NK has not only anti-aircraft sites hidden in mountains, but also entire airbases and even cities in and under some of those mountains, reminds me of some cool Cobra Commander shit when I was a kid. We could eventually do it but I dont think the American public would tolerate the loss of life that it would take to accomplish it.

The whole reason we have bases and troops in S Korea is to provide a delay action if the North should decide to invade. If they did, the North would push about four-fifths of the way down the peninsula before we could get a foothold and start pushing back.

Now to the cool secret squirrel choice... We all know that we have special operators, we've seen the specials, the movies, even the news reporters waiting on the beach as they tried to infil for a mission. Sadly however, due to the way the culture is there it would be next to impossible to get even a small team in. You would have to find someone that could pass as a NK citizen, but more importantly you would need someone in the country willing to risk going against the Father to help the 'infiltrators' out. Oh yeah, did I mention that before all this you would need to somehow find out where Kim would be, not one of his many body doubles I say, and this is a secret closely guarded. Kim usually spends his time drinking Jack, watching American action flicks in a bunker that would make NORAD at Cheyenne Mountain look like Auntie Em's storm cellar. This government is so paranoid that each town/city has a closed network phone system that has one phoneline that stays under guard, lock & key and even the Foreign Minister has to make call under observation, at least that is what the Swiss Ambassador to North Korea told me.

Speaking of, the Swiss Embassy is the closest thing we have to any formal representation there. You or I cant just fly there if we wanted to, there is on average one flight per day that lands in Pyongyang and it is an AirChina flight.

The people there are not militant, they are not barbarians... they are poor people who are used as a near slave labor force. The military will do anything for Father Kim because they are the ones who are treated well and have the power. The people dont know any better... according to NK version of history, the Japanese surrendered to THEM after WWII, we surrendered to THEM after the Great Fatherland War, and if you can even believe, they have a mural of one of our shuttles with a NK star on its tail because they were the ones who were in space first.

Nuclear issues... Any nuclear detonation, whether the colliding of atoms to make multikiloton explosions or a conventional explosion with some used nuclear fuel rods stuck in is still a nuclear weapon because it spreads nuclear fallout and contaminates and kills. And the scary part you ask?? They may actually have a rocket that can reach the western seaboard of our country (Taepo-Dong III maybe?? 3 times the size of a SCUD missle) I know they have ones that can reach Japan because I was lucky enough to be in Japan and see their test fire of it as it flew over the main island.

I'll take a break for now... Peace (or the closest thing to it)
Old 05-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #29
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Why can't we, as the nation that bills itself as the most powerful, send in a team of the most highly trained men to cut the head off?
then the whole world would freak out about the "interference of the big bad US" despite the good such an action caused.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #30
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
N. Korea has the world's 4th largest active duty army at around 1.1 mil, add in their 4.2 mil reservists and that puts them number 2 behind China. If we nuke them, China will have no other recourse but to retaliate against us due to the fallout that would threaten tens if not hundreds of thousands of chinese citizens. So that leaves us with 2 options; massive, large scale invasion or super-secret-way-beyond-spec-ops-rambo-jackie-chan bullshit...

so lets take a look...
Goddamn. Who the fuck is this guy? Bravo to you sir, bravo.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote