Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #41
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Well I talk like a total of 80 mins a month on my phone, so I don't really give it much an opportunity to drop a call since I average probably around 2 mins per call.
Ah ok.. I only beat you by like 120 mins.. but I've only had a few dropped calls between my two iphones.. most are while I'm talking to another AT&T user.. I don't think they like to give priority to the free calls.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

How many phones drop calls due to holding it on the side of the phone though? LOL at apple fail.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #43
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
How many phones drop calls due to holding it on the side of the phone though? LOL at apple fail.
So far none!.. but i do notice the service go down A LOT.. I can't believe they let that shit through.. anyone do any fucking testing?

I work for an IT company if we did something like that, I don't think we'd be in business.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #44
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Well I talk like a total of 80 mins a month on my phone, so I don't really give it much an opportunity to drop a call since I average probably around 2 mins per call.
You talk at least double the amount of time I do then. I hate being on the phone, texting is just fine for me unless its an emergency. Probably why I dont notice more dropped calls.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #45
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
So far none!.. but i do notice the service go down A LOT.. I can't believe they let that shit through.. anyone do any fucking testing?

I work for an IT company if we did something like that, I don't think we'd be in business.
Have you tried the youtube method yet to test it out to see if you can do it? That shit is hilarious. Poor poor quality testing.

Probably missed it cause they tested the thing in a fake cover like the one the apple engineer who lost his had instead of the real case.

It's hilarious they are going to have to put a plastic covering over it to stop the drop calls from grabbing the metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
You talk at least double the amount of time I do then. I hate being on the phone, texting is just fine for me unless its an emergency. Probably why I dont notice more dropped calls.
If my mom and dad lived near me, it would probably drop to 20 mins, but my mom calls me to bother me regularly.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #46
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I'm amused by the amount of shit sandwich Apple Fan bois and fan goirls are willing to eat.

Fan Boi / Fan Goirl: My latest i-Tard device doesn't work!!!

Apple: You're doing it wrong....asshole...here...buy this Apple propietary cover...that will fix it.

Fan Boi / Fan Goirl: Absolutely...look look!!! It has the i-Tard logo and EVERYTHING!!! I'd LOVE to pay for functionality that should have been there to begin with.

KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #47
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Have you tried the youtube method yet to test it out to see if you can do it? That shit is hilarious. Poor poor quality testing.

Probably missed it cause they tested the thing in a fake cover like the one the apple engineer who lost his had instead of the real case.

It's hilarious they are going to have to put a plastic covering over it to stop the drop calls from grabbing the metal.
Yeah if i hold it a certain way (not the way i normally hold the phone) I can get it to drop 4 bars and even sometimes lose the signal altogether.. I used a case the whole time i had the 3gs and always had perfect service. I guess I'll get some off ebay again for this one..
Old 06-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #48
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I'm amused by the amount of shit sandwich Apple Fan bois and fan goirls are willing to eat.

Apple: You're doing it wrong....asshole...here...buy this Apple propietary cover...that will fix it.

Fan Boi / Fan Goirl: Absolutely...look look!!! It has the i-Tard logo and EVERYTHING!!! I'd LOVE to pay for functionality that should have been there to begin with.

What phone do you have so i can hate on it for no reason?
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #49
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post

Uh, for what it's worth, those Apple customers are a tiny, tiny fraction. Maybe the most vocal, but that's not the mood of most customers.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #50
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
What phone do you have so i can hate on it for no reason?
I have very specific reasons to "hate on" Apple and their hipper than thou fan bois....having said that, I have a Blackberry Storm and believe me, there is NOTHING you can say to "hate on" it that I haven't already said....at least once...or twice. It's a real piece of shit but I'm stuck with it until Christmas as I used my free upgrade to get my daughter a new mobile for Christmas last year.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote