Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #11
CasterTroy

I don't ride mountain rides or aggressive ride alone for that reason

Where my buddy Brian crashed was where we rode a lot....Deals gap kinda roads with deep ravines and thick forest. Where he came to rest was so remote and far down that he may never have been recovered....until another accident put someone in the same place.

I took my wife there the next day and her only comment (besides a gasp) was that if he did that route alone (which he would have done if I couldn't have gone) and came to the same fate....he would have NEVER been found...even if he told everyone his plans.

No cell reception, and you can forget seeing the sky.

Before that happened I never would have traveled that road alone...but you can bet your ass you'll never see me rollin thru there solo NOW.

I know a lot of you love the solo deal....but gravel, oil, deer, faulty tire mfg issue...there's SO many factors that can make a solo ride on a remote road dangerous.

Disclaimer: Understand this is what’s around me...so this is my frame of reference

Where if you cook that corner and go over the edge...there may be a 50-300 ft drop before you stop
Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

castertroy, that's exactly my point you know like i do that if you run off you are not going into a nice little corn field....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote