Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #511
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
That pic is zoomed in...the brown snakes are small...no more than 12" - 14" long or so and skinny.
oh shit 12 to 14" snakes I could handle. (no comments from the pervs needed) I got stuck think about 13 foot and 9 foot things running around the yard. LOL

triggers are awesome fish, but require a good size tank and very few tank mates. oscars are fun and easy to care for.
triggers are awesome though, did i say that already, LOL you can hear them eating, very strong jaws, nothing is safe.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #512
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
oh shit 12 to 14" snakes I could handle. (no comments from the pervs needed) I got stuck think about 13 foot and 9 foot things running around the yard. LOL

triggers are awesome fish, but require a good size tank and very few tank mates. oscars are fun and easy to care for.
triggers are awesome though, did i say that already, LOL you can hear them eating, very strong jaws, nothing is safe.
9' and 13' foot...I wouldn't be out there walking around at night for sure !!

My BIL used to have some cool fish to watch...Oscars...Convicts and several other type of Cichlids that I don't recall the name of. He quickly let me know that the little Siamese Fighting Fish (that I thought were cool) were snacks for these fish. That was a looong time ago.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #513
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:

My BIL used to have some cool fish to watch...Oscars...Convicts and several other type of Cichlids that I don't recall the name of. He quickly let me know that the little Siamese Fighting Fish (that I thought were cool) were snacks for these fish. That was a looong time ago.
Some of those african chiclids make the convicts and the like seem like guppies. I had a tank with a blue channel catfish, a snake head and a jack dempsey. The cat killed the other 2 so the channel cat met my snapping turtle and its safe to say who won
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #514
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Some of those african chiclids make the convicts and the like seem like guppies. I had a tank with a blue channel catfish, a snake head and a jack dempsey. The cat killed the other 2 so the channel cat met my snapping turtle and its safe to say who won
Jack Dempsey's...I should have remembered that one...he had several of those. Yeah he had one supposed convict although he was larger and darker than any of the other ones that was a badazz and tore up most of what he put in there. That can get expensive too.

Snapping Turtle ? 'Most' anything else may as well throw in the towel !!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #515
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Jack Dempsey's...I should have remembered that one...he had several of those. Yeah he had one supposed convict although he was larger and darker than any of the other ones that was a badazz and tore up most of what he put in there. That can get expensive too.

Snapping Turtle ? 'Most' anything else may as well throw in the towel !!
yeah its prety much game over withthe snapper, unless I got my hands on an alligator
Old 09-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #516
z06boy
Letzroll

I saw that video posted here a while back and honestly didn't realize they were so fast and vicious. I mean I knew they would bite but GEEZ !! I didn't realize how strong they were using their front feet/paws/extremities or whatever you call them either.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #517
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I saw that video posted here a while back and honestly didn't realize they were so fast and vicious. I mean I knew they would bite but GEEZ !! I didn't realize how strong they were using their front feet/paws/extremities or whatever you call them either.
the one where it killed all those mice? Mine was like that too, if it didnt snap the fish in half he would tear at it and make a huge mess. the tank would would be covered in gold scales.

I had one that would actualy eat oscar pellets, lot easier and cleaner than feeder fish.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #518
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
the one where it killed all those mice? Mine was like that too, if it didnt snap the fish in half he would tear at it and make a huge mess. the tank would would be covered in gold scales.

I had one that would actualy eat oscar pellets, lot easier and cleaner than feeder fish.
Yep that's the one...ripped the mice in half and the one mouse was trying to swim with half of a body !!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #519
wildchild
cruiser

yep we had cichlids for a while, I had an african gar, a senegalis, and for a short while we did the puffer fish thing in a brackish set up. fish can be amazing creatures to have.

problem I have now is living out in the country I would have trouble with my floors, and water, and elec otherwise I would definitely do another tank. some day I would like to build a house and install a built in 110 gal or larger tank.

my niece and nephew would come over and sit literally for an hour watching the salt tank. so many things in there were living and "evolving" it was truly amazing to sit and watch.
my salt had the eel, a tang, fire angel, damsels, corals, feather dusters, and an urchin, the lion fish had died previous to some of those going in. the live rock alone could keep you watching for a long time.
we did a tank of sting rays at one time, that was fun. they feel weird when you feed them by hand. small guys 8 inch in diam.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #520
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:

that pic you had of the little yard guard there looked like he had a couple feet of length to him.

my dad has some good size black snakes in his yard in florida. he manages a condo and likes the snakes to keep the pop. of other snakes down. he shows us where they hang out and asks that we leave them alone. as long as they don't mess with me I sure won't go by them.
funny my son loves snakes. he looks through the trees for them down in florida. he has always liked them though. even as a little twirp he would come up carrying snakes now and then that he found.
it sucks being the dad and screaming like a girl to "get that thing outta here!!!!!!" ok it wasn't that bad but my heart was going a 150 beats a minute when he came up behind me with a milk snake and we were going canoing. he put the thing down and it came "after" me as we were pushing off. yeah it was not a graceful shove off. LOL