Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostz28 View Post
... A lot of people will tell you that its not a big deal and doesn't mean you are fast, which is entirely true but I can PROMISE you that the first time you do it... You will smile!
You better believe I was grinning ear to ear when I had my first and even to this day when I think about it. And it was all the more sweeter because it came in the corner that I struggle with the most.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #32
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

nope never have and prolly never will

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #33
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Prolly 10-15 times total...most on the track, but maybe 5 or so on the street. I drag my toe (which is positioned correctly on the pegs) usually every other weekend.

Dragging a knee is more a function of body position AND the ability to stick your knee out moreso than speed. I can follow dudes on the roads we ride at 65mph dragging knee in every corner, but I do 90 without touching. If you lift alot of weights (like I do) we usually dont' do shit for stretching and we're not that flexible. I can barely turn my leg 30 degrees with shorts on, let alone with a suit. When I'm dragging, I'm haulin ass as my knee is almost plastered to the side of the tank.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 04-05-2009 at 09:43 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Prolly 10-15 times total...most on the track, but maybe 5 or so on the street. I drag my toe (which is positioned correctly on the pegs) usually every other weekend.

Dragging a knee is more a function of body position AND the ability to stick your knee out moreso than speed. I can follow dudes on the roads we ride at 65mph dragging knee in every corner, but I do 90 without touching. If you lift alot of weights (like I do) we usually dont' do shit for stretching and we're not that flexible. I can barely turn my leg 30 degrees with shorts on, let alone with a suit. When I'm dragging, I'm haulin ass as my knee is almost plastered to the side of the tank.

THAT'S exactly why I don't work out!!! well that and I'm a fucking fat lazy bastard...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

Never have. I am slow. Even if I could, I have short ass legs so it will take longer.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I know guys that can't drag a knee and they are so much faster than me. Body postion/flexibility, height all play a factor. It's just what you are comfortable with while riding. I can pretty much drag a knee at will when I want to and not be going that fast, however when I am going at a much quicker pace I find it a lot harder to drop a knee because of body position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #37
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Nope, haven't popped my knee dragging cherry.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #38
Rider
Moto GP Star

I can.... but I don't.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #39
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

The first time I ever touched down it was on the street after only about six months of riding. I got my ass to the track immediately and learned proper technique. After I learned the right way to do things, I didn't touch down again for a long time. When I finally did touch down again, it was because I was just focusing on proper form and good lines and it just sort of happened.

I've never tried to drag a knee. It happens on the track periodically (I'm not that agressive on the street anymore), but dragging a knee is never my goal. Some of my fastest laps involved no knedragging whatsoever.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #40
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

I forgot to mention- my wife started dragging toe (closed course only, never on the street) within a month of riding, and that's with proper foot positioning. Granted, she's riding a ZZR, but damn. I already had to take her peg feelers off.

There should be another Keith Code school out here in the summer (fingers crossed). If it happens, I'll try to talk her into picking up a set of full leathers. I swear she's gonna end up faster than me before too much longer.