Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #121
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Can you prove it was his fault for being late? What if it was the cook's fault or his manager's fault? If so why does the driver deserve to get stiffed?

These guys use their own car and their own gas, and often get held up at gunpoint for money........and you stiff them without any proof that it was their fault. Nice. How about maybe calling the manager and asking for a discount instead? That way the driver isn't affected.
I don't care who's fault it is. He could have been raped and in a car accident, that is HIS problem. Not mine. If he cannot get that pizza here quickly, then he did nothing to deserve a tip.

You really sound like somebody who's never worked a hard job in his life, and think that because serving is frustrating it's up there with jobs that require real physical effort and danger. It's not, you take an order, deliver it to the kitchen then when it's cooked carry it back. During that time, you might come by and check on my drink. If that's hard, then can you imagine what kind of tip somebody who breaks a sweat should get?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #122
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Theres a difference between hard and serving tables too.

Servers seem to think they are special, and they deserve some kind of respect. They are no different than the guy who pumps my gas. And he doesnt get a tip, ever.
Actually, the dude who pumps your gas some times has to work in the cold. He probably deserves a tip even more than a server, because he doesn't make you wait and he doesn't get the order wrong...
Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #123
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Stop being such a stingy fuck. 5 bucks a person x 4-5 people is 20-25 bucks. You would be alright for working for free one time out of the night?
You dont get it do you? He, like me, does not give a shit. We dont feel sorry for them when they decide to work in an industry that dictates the customer should pay their wages, straight out.

No other business in the world expects this of their clientelle, and im supposed to be fine with this industry forcing it on people?

Pay your goddamn workers, its not the customers job. Give them a check at the end of the week, like every other business.

This isnt even about wether or not I tip. I do. I still think its fucking ridiculous that its expected.

Want to make more money than your hourly wage? GET A BETTER JOB.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #124
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Actually, the dude who pumps your gas some times has to work in the cold. He probably deserves a tip even more than a server, because he doesn't make you wait and he doesn't get the order wrong...
at those few places around here that are full service I always tip the dude who has to stand out in a blizzard pumping people's gas.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #125
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Stop being such a stingy fuck. 5 bucks a person x 4-5 people is 20-25 bucks. You would be alright for working for free one time out of the night?
Lick my balls, when it's my wallet I'll decide what comes out of it. When you're paying, you can feel free to over tip for sub-standard service.

Did I mention tipping is not mandatory? You guys keep ignoring that.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #126
Rider
Moto GP Star

Tipping a pizza delivery guy? No I'd rather go pick the pizza up myself. Who knows what that minimum wage earning, uneducated fucko did to my pizza. I can't guarantee my pizza is safe picking it up myself but I just reduced the number of people who touched my pizza by 50%.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #127
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

How many of you tax evaders claimed your tips on income tax?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #128
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
You dont get it do you? He, like me, does not give a shit. We dont feel sorry for them when they decide to work in an industry that dictates the customer should pay their wages, straight out.

No other business in the world expects this of their clientelle, and im supposed to be fine with this industry forcing it on people?

Pay your goddamn workers, its not the customers job. Give them a check at the end of the week, like every other business.

This isnt even about wether or not I tip. I do. I still think its fucking ridiculous that its expected.

Want to make more money than your hourly wage? GET A BETTER JOB.
Stop being a stingy fuck! I have drinking to do after work and if you don't give me 20 bucks on a 40 dollar tab I won't be able to afford my fuckin' Jager Bombs.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #129
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Imagine somebody wanting to make 150-200 under the table and then complaining because one table didn't give them 5 bucks. You're really not helping your argument.

You are right; trying to speak sense to someone not interested in learning is not helping my case. Point taken.

All this is only relavent to people who care about someone other than themselves.

It's the old "FU, I got mine."

As long as you can stand looking in the mirror, I guess that's all that counts...
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #130
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Stop being a stingy fuck! I have drinking to do after work and if you don't give me 20 bucks on a 40 dollar tab I won't be able to afford my fuckin' Jager Bombs.
Tip: Get the fuck off my lawn, punk.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote