Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 11-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

in the end... that's the only one who really cares anyhow.
i disagree. thats why i became and inst. vs an i-net opinion.

but i agree w/ the rest of your comment.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

personally its a good topic and should be left up cause new riders come in and search the old posts and learn from the in the informtion that you lay down

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

but do you REALLY care what bike every rider is on? yes I'm sure you care that he/she is safe... but the TYPE of bike doesn't really matter. or at least shouldn't.

I for one could care less what you ride... the fact that you ride, and more importantly HOW you ride... is important to me.

I too want to try instructing... eventually... need about 60k more under my belt before I even start pursuing it.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Of course you do,it's basically what you said but severally condensed down...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
RACER X
AMA Supersport

fyi, it's a copy and paste

but anyways as you can see there are more YAYs then Nays

but keep on keepin on

i'll keep teaching noobs and you keep talking to em.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
fyi, it's a copy and paste

but anyways as you can see there are more YAYs then Nays

but keep on keepin on

i'll keep teaching noobs and you keep talking to em.

Um...the "yeas" never even read your entire post....trust me,I know these guys.

Oh and you can shit can the "I'm so much better than you because I teach MSF" attitude as well. Oh and I took MSF AND have assisted a few times back in the day. Whoopie Doo!!! You're like an elementary school basketball coach trying to take credit for Michael Jordan's NBA career. Yeesh...
Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Whoopie Doo!!! You're like an elementary school basketball coach trying to take credit for Michael Jordan's NBA career. Yeesh...
very good analogy, and just like in bsaketball, if the basics aren't correct your not gonna be much of a player.

and you learn the basics of riding alot better on a beginner bike then an SS bike.

and yeah it's on every forum i visit, and stickied (by the mods for some strange reason, just like here) on every one, wonder why? vs your teachings of ????

so what kinda knowledge do you bring to the table besides your obvious wit and charm?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
very good analogy, and just like in bsaketball, if the basics aren't correct your not gonna be much of a player.

and you learn the basics of riding alot better on a beginner bike then an SS bike.

and yeah it's on every forum i visit, and stickied (by the mods for some strange reason, just like here) on every one, wonder why? vs your teachings of ????

so what kinda knowledge do you bring to the table besides your obvious wit and charm?

Yeah and you can't learn the basics unless your parents buy you a Lil' Tykes basketball hoop set and then FORBID you to play on the big boy court... yea,you'll be ready for the NBA in no time like that!

Of course,they sticky it,I never said the advice was bad douche-nozzle,I said the presentation is too sanctimonious!!!

Oh little ol' me? I don't know much of anything about...what you call them again? Oh yea motorcycles.... nope,I just started riding day before yesterday...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Yeah and you can't learn the basics unless your parents buy you a Lil' Tykes basketball hoop set and then FORBID you to play on the big boy court... yea,you'll be ready for the NBA in no time like that!

Of course,they sticky it,I never said the advice was bad douche-nozzle,I said the presentation is too sanctimonious!!!

Oh little ol' me? I don't know much of anything about...what you call them again? Oh yea motorcycles.... nope,I just started riding day before yesterday...

Tigg.. your back to your old form... take it easy on the guy...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #10
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:

man another good analogy, wouldn't the NBA's be like riding SS bikes? vs a beginner bike? i mean there's not alot faster on the roads, esp. for the $. so should a person start in NBA's or in the junior league's?

as for ever person taking the MSF, well it prolly would be a good idea, and who's to say there's not legistion being looked at that might go that direction, esp. w/ the new nanny director in charge.

if i remember you claimed to have been in the military, is that where you took MSF? cuz it's mandatory for all military riders, and sportbikes deaths have been so bad recently, that the military is now mandating sportbike riders (not cruiser riders) to take a 2nd class, still looking for details on that one.

fact 90% of motorcycle DEATHS (not injuries or crashes) are people who are self taught or taught by family and friends. crazy odds.

what are the odds that a young person on a SS person is gonna crash? ask your insurance agent what full coverage is, and get back to me.

as for starter bike, crazy how the most of the world, who taking biking more seriously have tiered licensing, where you have to start w/ a small cc bike as a begineer bike, vs. the wonderful USA where a then noob like yourself could get a beast like a VMAX (the rebuttal for " i made it " is in the contested post.

lucky for you my knowledge is 2x yours, i started riding the day before yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Jeez, Ed, at least attribute the original author (Matt Pickering). He wrote it for a site that was almost exclusively newbie riders, and it was pretty appropriate over there.
who were you on CF ?

correct me if i'm wrong, i posted this in the "new rider" section of this site?

thanks for the name, i'll edit my orig. post.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 11-12-2008 at 08:18 AM..