Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #411
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I'd drop $4k on any of my dogs in a heartbeat if I had that kinda cash.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #412
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Both cats were on that before switching to raw... Mr. Bear had stones 6-7 years ago... I find that it's only a couple of bucks more than the regular food for the big bag.
Yeah, we didn't have stones. Heck the vet (not using her anymore) said the change of food wouldn't help, she has other problems, etc. I said well it won't hurt... and guess what... no other problems. F her!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #413
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No, quality of life means more to me. I had many a pet that went through some major things, only to be reliant on humans for drugs.

I won't do that again.

That, and we are the only society on the planet that puts such a value on an animal's life. Many other places, your treasured pet would be dinner.

Don't talk to me about ”priorities.”
Hit a nerve, did I?

I agree with quality of life, if it was cancer we made the decision to put him down... It wasnt, it was something easily treatable with minimal discomfort. He's already back to normal for the most part.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #414
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

OSP was your vet bill part of a ER vet or a regular hours vet?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #415
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
OSP was your vet bill part of a ER vet or a regular hours vet?
Initial testing at the regular vet was almost $500... The rest was from the vet hospital they referred us to... That includes six prescriptions.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #416
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Do any of you have medical insurance on your pets? I think it costs us about $20 a month for the dogs through my wife's insurance.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #417
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Do any of you have medical insurance on your pets? I think it costs us about $20 a month for the dogs through my wife's insurance.
After we paid almost $2k to have carpenter ants removed from Taco's stomach, we talked about it... but fuck it, our animals are healthy now, right?

It's generally like $10/mo per animal from what I gather... Mr. Bear is almost 10... so I would have spent less than $1,200 for his... fuck me... we're getting that shit.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #418
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
It's a voluntary benefit available through quite a number of ins. companies (generally along with some other coverage).

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #419
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
I have a basic TruPanion policy for Lilly.
I figure it'll be worth it if she ever needs a major procedure.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #420
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Well I have joined the Raw Movement. My dog (Boston terrier) has been gassy, super allergy prone and constantly having diarrhea and anal glad issues. I had him on Natural Balance Duck and Potato kibble and he did ok but not great. I joined a BARF list serv and found a woman that delivers ground raw diet to Nashville at great prices. (My duck/bone mix is ~$1.80/lb which is the same price as the kibble I was feeding him)

Www.blueridgebeef.com

I have had him on the duck and bone mix (ground bone) for 2 weeks and he is doing great. He did flair up with allergies the first couple of meals but that has gone away. Very little gas now (awesome!) and his poop is small nuggets that just crumble when you touch them. No more anal gland issues and he drinks much less water. I'm super happy so far.

This dog is my world right now and I was/am nervous to make this change but I want the best for him and hearing my vet say that he should just live with his allergies and take benedryl was not acceptable to me. He was always red, itchy, gunky ears and eye stains.

I just started adding organ meat to his diet last night. Alternating between chicken liver and beef liver in the evenings as well as chicken gizzard/hearts. He is in heaven. I also put an order in for green tripe as I have heard that is a wonder way to naturally add greens to their diet. I also give him a squirt of salmon oil in the mornings for his dry skin and a whole raw egg a couple times a week along with a beef marrow bone as a weekly treat.

How are everyone's dogs doing? Are you all still on raw? I know short term he is doing great. I just want to make sure long term this is the best decision. My vet didn't seem too excited about it when I mentioned raw about a year ago. I'm hoping mack's next visit shows he is in better/great health. I plan to have full blood work drawn.

I have never felt so close to my dog as I do now. Feeding like this is a true bonding experience and it makes me so happy to see him happy.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote