Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
You're certainly not the only one, but I never see them when I'm out there. And after riding the back straight at RA with concrete on either side, the walls don't bother me with the low speeds at Shenny so much.

I rode Main once in '08 and didn't care for it. The surface had so many transitions, especially in the carousel, all I could think about was bumps and traction changes instead of hitting good lines and brake markers. I'd be willing to give it another shot if there were back-to-back days with Shenny though.
my first time out there I was supposed to follow a coach, he just dropped the hammer and was gone by turn 2 so I was on my own. I came down that downhill corkscrew section and all I saw was the wall I had such a hard time I bumped my self down to beginner so I could figure the track out at a slower/safer speed.

When main was first repaved it was like a whole new track and it was great, but they half assed the paving job and it got torn up prety quick, turn 5 was kinda bumpy when I last rode there but the carousel seemed ok, but this was also a few yrs back. I heard they were going to re do it again but I think they just patched a few areas since then.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote