Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

YAAAAAAY!!!!! I have a friend with a 7 year old black lab I convinced to switch and his dog looks like a 1 year old now. Good stuff.

I think kibble is killin our dogs!!

Last edited by Trip; 05-23-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

*LAZY* is killing us..... Its an epidemic.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

I'm being lazy right now and waiting until my husband comes home to take the dog to the park. I just can't do the 2+ k morning hike with him without feeling like I need a nap afterwards. This pregnancy sleepy stuff is driving me nuts. There's sooo much I wanna do and can't without paying for it later.

I am so looking forwards to after the baby is born and the dog and I can get out with our nifty B.O.B stroller and get moving like we used to.

Until then I need my husbands help to tire the dog out. I can't rough house with him and I can't keep up our regular "old" pace without getting short of breath.

I really don't know how largely overweight people or those with beer guts do it. The one thing I love/hate about having a big dog is that you can't be lazy. rain, sleet, snow or shine, you have to get out and walk. This baby gut I have due to being preggers makes it hard. I can't wait to be as active as I once was...
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
I'm being lazy right now and waiting until my husband comes home to take the dog to the park. I just can't do the 2+ k morning hike with him without feeling like I need a nap afterwards. This pregnancy sleepy stuff is driving me nuts. There's sooo much I wanna do and can't without paying for it later.

I am so looking forwards to after the baby is born and the dog and I can get out with our nifty B.O.B stroller and get moving like we used to.

Until then I need my husbands help to tire the dog out. I can't rough house with him and I can't keep up our regular "old" pace without getting short of breath.

I really don't know how largely overweight people or those with beer guts do it. The one thing I love/hate about having a big dog is that you can't be lazy. rain, sleet, snow or shine, you have to get out and walk. This baby gut I have due to being preggers makes it hard. I can't wait to be as active as I once was...
Not Lazy.

You, momma... not lazy.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Goddang man, we just got back from the dog park. It aint no joke out there folks....its hot.

Last edited by Trip; 05-23-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Old 06-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I have a cat and two labs. One of my labs has some serious hip displasia and it has been acting up recently. All animals eat kibble. I'm seriously considering switching my pets (the dogs, at minimum) to a raw diet.

I need info! Specifically, what to feed them for healthy joints.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I tried to start my cats on raw.....that was the longest kitty dinner time ever. One cat produced exorcist vomit and the other looked at us like we were crazy.

My husband decided that the reason we have cats and not dogs is that cats are far less maintenance. Raw diet is definitely not low maintenance with the cats.

It was not going to be an easy transition especially since the two cats were going to have completely different difficult transitions.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

We got some beef livers because they are soft and juicy. Cats have never had to chew before and that is the problem with Triumph(the 'what the fuck is this shit?' cat). I cut tiny little pieces up for him and mixed it with wet cat food. He would pick up the liver pieces, realize he had to work to get it down and spit it back out.

Eva(the 'I love it, give me more!' cat) devoured all that we gave her then 20 minutes later we had bloody vomit to clean up on the carpet. It was disgusting.

Main point is, we have cats because they are low maintenance. We can put out a bowl of kibble and be gone for a couple of days and they'd be fine. We don't have the type of life that we can be home twice a day everyday, ya know?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

This might be already covered but I don't feel like reading 10 pages...

is there a risk for salmonella in raw eggs and meat?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
This might be already covered but I don't feel like reading 10 pages...

is there a risk for salmonella in raw eggs and meat?
No.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird