Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 AM   #181
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I suck at drywall too dude! But it's a garage so I'm not sweating it... as long as it's not awful.

Crack into it... once you get going... it's fun as hell.

My next little project is the workbench build... kinda concentrating on the bike for now though.
At least you got a place to work on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #182
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
I suck at drywall too dude! But it's a garage so I'm not sweating it... as long as it's not awful.

My next little project is the workbench build... kinda concentrating on the bike for now though.
I hear ya. I would LOVE an integrated workbench in the garage. Gonna do the shelving and junk soon when money frees up a bit. I'm getting married in October and the wife-to-be is demanding a spot in the garage to park her car. I've always parked my vehicles outside instead of in the garage so I'm going to need to free up some room with shelves. Possibly a shed in the back yard too.

I love doing projects. It's just getting my lazy nuts started that's the hard part.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #183
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

If we meet up when I come home I want to drink at your place so I can be the first to puke all over your garage.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #184
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Quote:

Here's the basic outline of the garage. It's a two car with single doors. The red shapes are the water heater, washer and dryer. I want to wall in where the dotted lines are but just around the washer dryer area. To the right of the walled in washer dryer, will be the integrated work bench with shelving above it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
If we meet up when I come home I want to drink at your place so I can be the first to puke all over your garage.
Squeeze a fatty out in the corner. FTW.

EDIT: After more Nerdom on the pooter...I think I want the workbench and walled in area to look something like this:

EDIT 2: Dang. Recooping from surgery sure does give me time on the computer! The garage will hopefully look like this when done:

That ought to give me enough space for things. There will be a 3 piece sliding door in front of the washer dryer, cabinet doors below the workbench, and peg board in the space on the angled wall and back wall in between the workbench and shelving. Hopefully this'll increase my house value too.

Last edited by Audiomechanic; 06-08-2008 at 09:44 PM..
Audiomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #185
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Well if we drink at my place and you want to throw up in the garage you're going to have to drunkenly jog 15 miles, dipshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post

That ought to give me enough space for things. There will be a 3 piece sliding door in front of the washer dryer, cabinet doors below the workbench, and peg board in the space on the angled wall and back wall in between the workbench and shelving. Hopefully this'll increase my house value too.
That looks like a pretty good use of the space you have available. If you are going to make a really nice workbench, make it easily removable so you can take it with you when you move. That's what I'm going to do.

I would try to think of some ways to add more storage space in there... shelving over the W/D, etc.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #186
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Aw yea. Shelving over the W/D is a must. I already have a workbench so the one I build into the house will stay there. Especially due to the bench being molded against the angled wall. Hopefully I'll have some money to do this within the next 6 months or so. Then I can make my OWN workshop thread.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #187
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
At least you got a place to work on it!
Hey now. I gave you the go ahead to expand on our garage..... I would love to double the size of the big one........ You should have heard some of the ideas Mark came up with for it. A drive thru so we never have to back the bikes out. Totally cool....... If we only could do it....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #188
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Well if we drink at my place and you want to throw up in the garage you're going to have to drunkenly jog 15 miles, dipshit.
It feels like you can run forever when you are drunk. Then the drunk starts to wear off an you are SOL.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #189
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
Hey now. I gave you the go ahead to expand on our garage..... I would love to double the size of the big one........ You should have heard some of the ideas Mark came up with for it. A drive thru so we never have to back the bikes out. Totally cool....... If we only could do it....
and as soon as you win the lotto we will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #190
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Did a couple little things the other day. Had a lot of other shit going on though. Work has been pretty rough lately.

The rest of the baseboard was installed, and I caulked the bottom with the aluminum-colored caulking there as well:

Then I used a clear caulking on the TOP of the baseboard all the way around, so that liquids splashed on the walls wouldn't seep in behind them. In this pic it still looks like white caulking since it hadn't dried:

And this closeup shows it dried:

Unpacked all my trackside stuff and some other things and started organizing the storage room:

The blue painter's tape allows paint to bleed under a bit so there were lots of marks like this:

So I just grabbed some black pinstriping and outlined it all:

Ended up cutting all the drawer liners for all my tool chests:

Now I'll be concentrating on building the bike back up in time for the next track days and installing all the goodies I'm getting. If there is spare time, I'll start the workbench... but for now all garage stuff will be on the back burner.

It's cool that I'm about to give this place some hardcore usage. Anyone wants to help when I get stuck and break shit, I'll food and beverage you :drink:
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote