Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

LOL Thanks for throwin' my name into the ring Kel...

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to do serious miles, and you need an all purpose suit that is good for all varieties of inclement weather, then you need to place a call to Duluth, Minnesota.

Before I bought my Aerostich, I looked at the BMW suit. I loved the suit, but the cut didn't fit me very well. It was also just a little more expensive than the 'Stich, but at the time, I wanted the right suit for the job. Price wasn't in the mix honestly.

I will offer this as far as the TourMaster. Prior to our tour in 2008, Carolina bought a TourMaster 2 piece suit. The suit had TWO liners for the jacket and the pants. One was a rain liner, the other was a wind liner. The suit fit her well and she really liked it and said it was very effective for cutting the wind, especially if you used both liners. I was VERY impressed with the suit to tell you the truth.

My only beef with it was my whole purpose for getting a suit was I wanted something that I did NOT have to stop to put in liners or put on, so the TourMaster wouldn't have fit my criteria at the time.

I love my 'Stich, highly recommend it, but it is not for everyone. If you're going to ride in more heat than not, I'd probably not recommend it. If you're going to be riding in more rain and colder weather, then absolutely I would recommend it.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
How big are you?

I have a Field Sheer 1-piece commuter suit that I "think" is either Large or XL.

http://weblog.masukomi.org/2008/05/0...land-ii-review
im interested if your trying to get rid of it....

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #13
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I He asked me first, sucka!

Large or extra large..? I thought you were some 5-foot-nothing Asian guy.

I stand about 5 feet, 8 inches and weigh a top-heavy 180 pounds. 32-34 inch waist with a 30 inch inseam.

Review sounds good for such a cheap suit.
I'll go to the storage and check out to see which size of the suit.

I may be short but I'm fat. Either way, it'll fit you but may be a bit too loose, though the extra room may come in handy for wearing liners underneath. It comes with a liner but I have no idea where it's at.

If it's a Large, it'll be OK. If it's an XL then it may be too big.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

If its xl.....

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #15
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

I picked up a used/unworn 'Stich last year for a smokin' half-price deal. Takes some getting used to - compared to my Vansons & Dainese one-piece, it feels a bit like wearing pajamas. But it's obviously very well-made, and great for all-purpose long-distance use - with the caveat, as Trace said, that it's not great for hot weather (doesn't help that mine's black, like his).

A buddy of mine has the Tourmaster Patton jacket & pants, and he swears by them - all-in-all they seem like better bang-for-the-buck. Nearly as good build quality, equal weather-protection, better looking, and nearly half the price.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I agree

A lot of the "lesser brands" have really improved quality, while Stitch and BMW have just stayed where they were at. So the cost vs quality scale is really bringing them closer.

Olympia/Rev'It/First Gear/Tourmaster all make really good shit for the cost.

I know my new First Gear TPG gloves are some of the best winter gloves I have ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I had a Fieldsheer Highlander and it held up really well, but that was 5-6 yrs ago. Not sure how it compares to their new models.

Think I'd have to go with Rev'It the next time though... the styling isn't all that great but in terms of product specs those guys definitely know what they're doing.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #18
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Okay,

My Highland II suit is size Large, and I also found the liner too.

The suit is two-years-old and probably been used for maybe four months. My gears get rotated out so that they don't stink.

No tears, no cuts, with exception to some fraying due to wind blast.

Color is black with white reflective as shown in this link (it's the only color).

http://www.sandhillspowersports.com/...sheer_highland

I'll let it go for $100.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #19
fnfalman
Europhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
What are your dimensions and how does it fit you?
I'm 5ft6 with 46" chest and 38" waist.

It fits me OK but not great. Legs are a bit too long for me. With the liner out, I can wear a set of clothes underneath it (jeans, shirt). With the liner in, it would be too tight for me.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
fnfalman
Europhile

I hate to be an Indian giver, but it's raining dogs and cats out here and this 1-piecer sure comes in handy in the morning. Slide in and slide out.