Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)
Default Odd Request.

Well I'm getting faster and faster and getting my knee closer to the ground. Which soon I hope to get some Parking Lot practice and maybe a few trackdays if I could ever get my bike to the point it might pass track inspection.

Anyways I've seen pictures of people knee dragging and racing through corners. But was wondering if anyone had some pictures of proper knee dragging technique. I'm not specifically looking for knee dragging but stuff to help me handle better and give me better reference.

For example I under stand hanging off the bike along with stay on your feet and not your butt. I understand counter steering also. But have no clue how far forward I should be on the bike or far back.

If I got maybe an above view picture of someone going through a corner that would probably help. But would enjoy multiple pictures from various angles to paint a better picture for me.

Because my problem is I don't know any faster riders than me(Which is sad) and basically started last July(With 3 months of it rebuilding a bike) and until the last couple of months where I got some friends into bikes for the first time. Well I had to learn on my own.

And another question I never see addressed much is feet/toe position. Where on the pegs are your feet? And do you point in the direction you turn. That seems to bug me more than anything.

Any help would be appreciated.