Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 10-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #51
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Edgar and Alvarez train together, so I'm not sure we'll ever see that one. Both are very good, but I would take Edgar. He's smaller, but the more technically sound boxer. Alvarez is a brawler, albeit a very effective one.

Speaking of over-rated fighters: BJ Penn. I've never understood the nut-huggery behind this guy. Talented, yes... consistent, never. I don't understand how fans can put him up there with Fedor, Anderson, GSP, etc.
Dana went on a tangient the other day about guys who train together saying they won't fight each other. Apparently he is very frustrated with some of Greg Jackson's fighters, most notably Rashad Evans.

IMO, BJ is on the downward side of his career (as far as title contention).He was clearly broken down by GSP at 170, and twice by Edgar at 155.
BUT, he is supposed to be one of the best BJJ guys in the world. IMO Aoki is by a large margin. I would like to see that match.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #52
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
For anyone interested:

Lesnar vs. Velasquez

I post this because people are bitching about an illegal blow to the back of the head by Velasquez around 2:17 in the round. I saw it, but I don't think that's were Brock lost... I think it was the knee just before that.
I don't think that's that punch is where he lost either. Cain just flat out overall whipped his azz.

I do give Brock credit for his remarks to Rogan after the fight. Nice to see him humble for a change.

Quote:
Interesting...did not know this.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #53
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I don't think that's that punch is where he lost either. Cain just flat out overall whipped his azz.

I do give Brock credit for his remarks to Rogan after the fight. Nice to see him humble for a change.

Interesting...did not know this.
Yeah, Lesnar's been waaaaayyyyyy less intense and waaaaayyyy more humble since coming back after his illness.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #54
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
i love these things...

better...

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #55
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, Lesnar's been waaaaayyyyyy less intense and waaaaayyyy more humble since coming back after his illness.

I honestly think it took a lot out of him. Its extremely hard on his body to maintain that size as well. Your joints wear, movement slows, range of motion dies. Thats just from the weightlifting. Add in day after day of punishment, training in a cage, and its no wonder the effective career of a fighter is so short.

Throw in life threatening illness and stress, and you cant really blame the guy.

Brock vs. 'Taker though? Brock would rip his arms off and choke him with his own hands.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #56
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
I love these things...

Better...
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote