Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S
Default Got some insider info...yet to prove it myself.

It involves computers from a '08 and '09 R6, and swapping them. The one to benefit is the '09 R6 by having the '08 computer in it. This guy I know who owns a shop has a buddy that works for Graves and he leaked the swap news to him. So the shop owner had a guy with a '09 R6, ran it on the dyno, came in at 99rwhp. Simply put the '08 computer in and it came in at 105rwhp. A gain of 6.6 hp at the wheel!

So...long story short, I know another guy who runs a dealership and has this '08 R6 that they're pretty much never gonna sell (long story). it has 850 miles on it. So me, being persistent when it comes to hp gains (especially when they're free), popped the question about him letting me swap the '08 for my '09. He says yes! Sweet. Just got home from doing the swap, started the bike up and runs fine. I'll be riding it to work tomorrow to see if I notice anything. I should notice a little bit with a 6 hp increase, I'm not expecting anything significant, but it should be something.

Turns out Yamaha detuned the '09s because of people dying on motorcycles. I'll let you guys know if there's a difference tomorrow.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote