Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default Wreck 6-6-08

Heres where it all started.

you can see in this pic my line started fine, but like i said before, my feeler was scraping (that white line), and through part of the turn I got some bar shake and just lost the front (where the line stopped following the center line).

heres the spot of impact with the rail.

Heres the side that slid. Some MOFO stole my left side slider the first day i was there, and of course thats the side i go down on. The slider body still manged to save some body work w/o the puck though.

aaannd the other side. Much more damage, thanks to that guard rail.

unloading at wheelers

waiting to get in the shop

so thats the bike before it was fixxed up.

the only mechanical problems were the front right caliper mount broke, its rotor was warped, and the rear caliper had a leaky seal from taking a hit, the rest was just rash and damage.

Now heres the bike back in the stable.

heres the part of the resevoir that still needs fixxed, not sure why its leaking at that nipple looking thing... i'm going to take it off and fix it up with some plastic epoxy.

the fairings i can save for re-painting.

and the front, well, isnt going to make it. Im about to go take it apart and see exactly what i can salvage. the puig screen made it! damn things are like 80 bucks.

and thats up to about right now. Dont really have the money to start buying parts right now, So im gonna have to wait a bit to get it all fixxed up unless i decide to call my insurance company.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote