Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #71
zuuk750
Trailer Queen

Moto: 2009 gsxr 750

I could not help but to chime in here. I have two pitbulls (see avatar). I also have a miniature pinscher, and two cats. the cats F the pits up on a daily basis, not intentionally, they're playing but the dogs play back very gently, thus ending up in a losing battle lol. the miniature pinscher also plays with the dogs, literally she hangs from their lips- WITH HER TEETH! what do they do? walk around, maybe roll around a bit. the other animals make them yelp.

If I put them (the pit bulls) out in the yard together, all they do is sprint around and tackle eachother, its how they play. in fact I have one on either side of me in bed right now. Now on the other hand, on the other side of the fence is a black lab and a yellow lab. when these F'in dogs see my pinscher, they start drooling, snarling, snapping at the fence, and digging. The one pit runs up to the fence and immediately lays on her back in a submissive state. I'm pretty sure I have covered every stereotype mentioned in this thread! I can even get pics/video to prove it lol. and lastly, none of my dogs have cropped ears, pits have their tails, the pinscher doesnt because the breeder did it before we got her. btw both pits are rescues.
zuuk750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #72
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

That's great you guys but I'll never own one.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #73
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
That's great you guys but I'll never own one.
Not everyone is man enough to own a serious dog, that's why we invented Shih Tzus.

I keed, I keed.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #74
zuuk750
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Not everyone is man enough to own a serious dog, that's why we invented Shih Tzus.

I keed, I keed.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

I keed, I keed.
So you admit that your dog is a penis extension? That you only got that type of dog to be more "manly". Come to think of it, most people I see with Pits ARE scrawny white trash types.... Always walking them with huge chains wearing a baggy jeans and a wife beater.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/793212/

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-12-2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #76
zuuk750
Trailer Queen

Quote:
So you admit that your dog is a penis extension? That you only got that type of dog to be more "manly". Come to think of it, most people I see with Pits ARE scrawny white trash types.... Always walking them with huge chains wearing a baggy jeans and a wife beater.
#1 dont call me scrawny, because I am not lol.
and #2 that is again a stereotype, funny- nontheless stereotypical.
#3, my dogs have camo collars and leashes, ask sixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxer.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuuk750 View Post
#1 dont call me scrawny, because I am not lol.
and #2 that is again a stereotype, funny- nontheless stereotypical.
#3, my dogs have camo collars and leashes, ask sixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxer.

Who are you and why are you taking offense to something that doesn't involve you?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #78
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Yes you're right, that's the problem with the breed. Not the breed itself but the type of owner attracted to the tough image. Its not white trash specific, in my neighborhood all the Mexicans with gang tattoos on their necks have Pit Bulls. In other parts of Dallas all the black bangers have Pit Bulls and out in the sticks where my wife's family live all the white trash guys have Pits.

I rescued my Pit Bull because I knew what great dogs they were and I felt like it might be my last chance to own one. Jax (my Pittie) won't even be a half as "tough" looking or intimidating as my San Miguel Dog, Jethro. Nor will he be half the guard dog that Jethro is. I don't really think Pits are all that tough looking personally...especially not next to Jethro.

ANY Molosser type dog requires a dominant owner and you need to know what you're doing to own one, or in my case, two males. However, it takes little more than exercise, work and a strong pack to ensure good behavior. And though I was poking fun at you, it is true that not everyone has the desire to assume that role over their pet and would prefer a more naturally submissive dog.

I enjoy and prefer it and find that by being a strong leader my dogs reward me daily. A large dog's ability to intimidate IS part of the reason I like them, to be honest. Though I could safely walk my dogs through a carnival or the mall without fear of incident I know I can rely on them for protection if necessary...though with 100lb of teeth and muscle at your side you are not likely to targeted as a victim. My wife walks the dogs alone at night with complete confidence.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #79
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #80
zuuk750
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Who are you and why are you taking offense to something that doesn't involve you?
eh, took offense cuz I own two of them!

and kaneman, that dog is beautiful.