Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Northeast Riders

Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #11
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Well a contrary to popular belief there is a lot of sport bike presence at Laconia. Chances test ride the manufactures latest rides and see and buy some of the latest gear.
Interesting, I didn't know they linked up with the LRRS (Loudon road race series). I was considering heading up for that anyways, maybe I'll check it out.

Irregardless, I still hate hearing every year about someone dying... I'm sure it will happen again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
if it's bike related, i'm interested. i don't get how people can be a 2 wheeled enthusiast but hate on certain bikes. that'd be like me staying away from an event due to gixxers being there, or something.
It wasn't that there were certain bikes or whatever... it was more me questioning whether there was really much going on about riding. Sounds like there may be, it has definitely changed over the years if that is the case.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
if it's bike related, i'm interested. i don't get how people can be a 2 wheeled enthusiast but hate on certain bikes. that'd be like me staying away from an event due to gixxers being there, or something. go share your passion for everything with 2 wheels, people! that's what it's all about. i wish i lived closer. i'd love to go (and sturgis, daytona as well). someday....
100 % agreed

The wife and I are going up because we were invited by some friends that live not too far from there.

I've been to Daytona and Myrtle Beach a few times for bike week and would love to make Sturgis some day.

Last edited by z06boy; 05-14-2008 at 12:02 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #13
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Interesting, I didn't know they linked up with the LRRS (Loudon road race series). I was considering heading up for that anyways, maybe I'll check it out.

Irregardless, I still hate hearing every year about someone dying... IIt 'm sure it will happen again...

Yeah that is the hard part for those of us who live here. It gives those of us who ride responsibly such a bad name. Last year there were a total of 7 deaths. One was simply unavoidable. A couple from Canada had stopped at a rest area along one of the scenic highways were pulling out at low speed when a branch from a tree broke loose and fell. The husband was able to duck but the branch hit the woman in the face and helmet killing her. The other 6 were simply the result of what we locally refer to as "Flatlanders" A group of 7 heavy Cruisers Most helmet-less riding in a pack west on Route 9 when on of the them crossed the double line on a blind corner hitting a a SUV who locked up the brakes spun sideways and went thru the rest of the pack like a bowling ball thru pins resulting in 6 dead.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby.

It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby. Take this place for example. Do you agree with the riding styles, bike styles, or opinions of everyone here? Probably not, but it's nice to meet so many people who love what you love.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #15
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby.

It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby. Take this place for example. Do you agree with the riding styles, bike styles, or opinions of everyone here? Probably not, but it's nice to meet so many people who love what you love.
deja vu? deja vu?

(u repeated yourself, silly)

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #16
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

it's probably because she posted then hit back and edited it... instead of double posts... it merged them...

or... she's insane... I vote the later
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #17
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
it's probably because she posted then hit back and edited it... instead of double posts... it merged them...

or... she's insane... I vote the later
Another vote for the latter here, for sure.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #18
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Just a reminder, and to say that I Me and a friend will be up there on heavy Cruisers on Tuesday
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #19
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

WHen is laconia again I am way too lazy to look it up
Old 06-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #20
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post