Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Northeast Riders

Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
so none of the Harley riders messed with your bike at all (ex: knocked it over, spit on it, set it on fire, or etc).
Oopps....I left the Busa at home last year....rode the Heritage Softail ....but seriously .....there were sportbikes there too ....nobody messed with them.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #12
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I've never been to Laconia so this will be a first for me. I've been to Daytona and Myrtle Beach many times on sportbikes and never had an issue.

For Laconia I'll be riding whatever Rick tosses me the keys too...he's pretty generous that way.

That's how he got me riding again...we went to visit last May and I knew he had bikes but wasn't really sure what to expect since I was meeting him for the first time. He knew I had owned several bikes and had several years of riding experience and wasn't a noob...just hadn't ridden in a few years.

My accident was due to a guy in a car slamming into me "that didn't see me" while I was going the speedlimit on a perfectly clear day. He shot out from behind a truck while in a lane of traffic coming toward me to make a last minute turn. Ok back to the story...

Ricks first comment after the initial handshake and "how ya doing...nice to meet ya" was "You want to go for a ride ? Which do you prefer, a cruiser or sportbike ? " I said "either but I lean toward sportbikes." He said "Ducati 999R or Turbo Hayabusa?" Well I haven't ridden either but both made me and I thought ...well the Duc will probably be easier since it's smaller and handles better and we were in the mountains so we took off on them...what a freakin' blast and it didn't take long before I got the fever again.

After taking a break we switched bikes and after riding the Busa for awhile it was easier to ride than I had expected so I took a couple of quick 130 mph blast...it wasn't even beginning to breath hard yet so I slowed back down like I had some sense. I'm a speed junkie and knew I better get off of that thing. The blast on the Busa were on straightaways...4 lanes and no cars anywhere. One great thing about NH and Vermont is the traffic is NOTHING like where I live in NC which was a good thing.

The wife has been wanting a bike and due to my accident we had put off her getting a bike.

Well we got back home to NC talked...thought about it...talked some more and then I started making phone calls and taking her to dealerships to check out bikes and bought the R1 and R6 and it has been a blast. She had already taken the MSF course a few years back but took it again...passed...got her motorcycle license and the rest is history.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Wow ! What a story ! Hats off to Rick for getting you back on a bike again ! And what a selection....Want to ride the Duc or the Turbo Busa .....I bet it was a BLAST !

I sent ya a PM Randy !
Old 04-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
Wow ! What a story ! Hats off to Rick for getting you back on a bike again ! And what a selection....Want to ride the Duc or the Turbo Busa .....I bet it was a BLAST !

I sent ya a PM Randy !
Got it...thanks.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
mondos06cbr1000
Kneedragger

Moto: 2006 CBR1000RR

i might be goiin

Full Akra TI Evo / Hex Canister, PC-III custom map, BMC Race filters, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pazzo Levers, OEM Cowl Seat, Flapper Mod, Sporttech windscreen
Pirelli DCIII's 190/55, Flushmounts, Jardine Fender Eliminator, EBC brake pads

1995 XR250R- Dirt Toy

Delta CO 181 Infantry
mondos06cbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Well if anyone is going too go to Laconia drop me a note and I will give you a contact number. I am part of the Rescue Riders Data Base. I have a pick up , a trailer , a garage with some tools a lift table and a press. I usualy will go out a max of a hundred miles to pull you in so you arent left at the mercy of a Stealership.
Laconia apart from being a mob scene is pretty accepting of everyone on two or three wheels. I would caution that it is an Act a fool be treated like a fool enviroment. Make nasty Comments about the Cruiser Crowd expect to hear some Comments back and since various motorcycle "clubs" have a VERY LARGE prescence there think about patches and colors and such.
In the last 10 years the police have come down hard on public nudity so flashing is a bit more rare than it used to be. (not gone thank god love those natural resources) The majority of the run ins with the law are the results of iresponsible use of Alcohol or recreational chemistry.
You will find that New Hampshire is a mind your own business kind of state and there is a lot of fun to be had here.
www.laconiamcweek.com/schedule/index.htm
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #17
mondos06cbr1000
Kneedragger

Moto: 2006 CBR1000RR

def will let u no if im going up

Full Akra TI Evo / Hex Canister, PC-III custom map, BMC Race filters, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pazzo Levers, OEM Cowl Seat, Flapper Mod, Sporttech windscreen
Pirelli DCIII's 190/55, Flushmounts, Jardine Fender Eliminator, EBC brake pads

1995 XR250R- Dirt Toy

Delta CO 181 Infantry
mondos06cbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote