Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Cool 2011 Ford Fiesta SES <pic heavy/like always>

So with the wife's Lincoln MKZ lease ending this summer, in April we pre-ordered her a 2011 Fiesta. We watched it on Top Gear in 2008 when they did a review on the Euro version in 2008. We loved it then and thought... "once again the euro's get all the cool stuff."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zy78tFPQwQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYIyCmcuQno

Now granted there are some differences but still all very the same.

So we picked it up Monday. Wifey luvs it. I'm thinking... it's good. Thursday I drove it so that I could get the windows tinted. Grab a few pics before I shove off in the morning... sorry about the rain...

Now this is the hatch SES with 301 package (pre-tint) and the body kit & spoiler, which is great

Nice dry shot and even after some rain driving

I found a few very distinct first impressions...

The completely keyless system a breathe of fresh air. A lift of the restraints of keys that we have all become a custom to. The simple button push and pull works great. I push the start and the motor fires quietly to a purr. It is a very quiet motor that gives very little vibration.

It has things that you wouldn't see in this segment of cars. Ambient lighting... and lots of it. Plus it does like 10 colors!!
Cup holders <thumbnails enlarge if clicked>

dash

front floors are done with this little LED

rear floors

Interior shot, that didn't turn out so well.

She also has the metalic assc that gave her a different shift knob and these metal entry kick panels

The interior in general is great. The seats are comfortable, supportive and conforming. The radio/sync is somewhat straight forward regardless of the amount of buttons. The hardest part is getting use to the sync. I have yet to even tap into Ford's 3rd and best version out to date.

However, the shift is almost truck long in its throw. This is not a wrist action shifter by any means. I can only hope that the aftermarket companies will make a short throw shifter.

The sloped rear roofline does effect the long distance sight out the rear view mirror, but I think with a good final adjustment to the seat I can work around that. The side mirrors with built in convex mirrors and side blinkers are nice. Double safety in my honest opinion as a motorcycle rider. I have convex mirrors on every car/truck/suv I drive. That along with proper mirror adjustment will cut down on accidents.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product

Last edited by Gas Man; 09-18-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote