Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #91
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Here's my take on this. You say motorcycles account for a trivial percentage of total pollution, and I agree. But we still prosecute shoplifters even though what they steal represents a trival percentage of all stolen goods, right?
She isn't saying CCs aren't needed, she is just trying to make a point of how the motorcycles aren't even the huge problem they proclaim them to be. On top of that she also points out that these numbers are estimated.

I am surprised no one even mentioned the fact that most motorcycles don't even see the same amount of use at people's cars.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #92
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Here's my take on this. You say motorcycles account for a trivial percentage of total pollution, and I agree. But we still prosecute shoplifters even though what they steal represents a trival percentage of all stolen goods, right?
OK, let's get this straight... I didn't say anything. The ARB did.

I simply owned pdog with the data he was freaking out over. That is, if he would actually READ the reports behind what the media is spewing rather than just throwing it up on a page and striking an uneducated view.

I care a LOT about the environment, and do what I can to offset the HUGE footprint I have on this planet (with my business, and all). There are so many other places to work on FIRST that are easier and more effective than a catalytic converter on a motorcycle. And, I don't recall anyone saying that they actually would or wouldn't take one off... other than pdog. Most of us here don't own a bike that had/has one.

THAT is my point.

Why are you running around digging up drama, anyway

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #93
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
She isn't saying CCs aren't needed, she is just trying to make a point of how the motorcycles aren't even the huge problem they proclaim them to be. On top of that she also points out that these numbers are estimated.

I am surprised no one even mentioned the fact that most motorcycles don't even see the same amount of use at people's cars.
Fair enough. I still think the only reason motorcycles haven't been required to get smog-tested thus far is simply because it would probably cost more than it's worth to administer all the testing......Not because the % of pollution they put out is trivial.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-10-2009 at 12:27 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #94
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Most of us here don't own a bike that had/has one.:
Really? None of you have a new bike? As far as I know, ALL new sportbikes, even outside CA, have cats..........someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Why are you running around digging up drama, anyway :
Cuz it's fun.......and because you fuckers keep throwing up 10-page threads before I ever get a chance to post.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-10-2009 at 12:28 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #95
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Cuz it's fun.......and because you fuckers keep throwing up 10-page threads before I ever get a chance to post.
Slacker.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #96
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
she is just trying to make a point of how the motorcycles aren't even the huge problem they proclaim them to be
That is why God created women, cell phones, and SUVs. SUVs are taking care of those pollutin motorcyclists everyday.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #97
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
That is why God created women, cell phones, and SUVs. SUVs are taking care of those pollutin motorcyclists everyday.

I can sort of attest to your theory but the lady that almost killed me was unusual in her tactics. Instead of just mowing me down, she used a high end european car, a blackberry and blond hair to run into a truck with a pregnant young couple, which then ran into a much larger suv with 4 pretty chill black dudes in it, which then tried to run me over.

She basically morphed into a black dude in a Blazer. Those blonds I tell ya, they are just holding everyone down.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #98
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

She's a smart one. She must be taken out
Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #99
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Works for me...........Yet, people are gonna complain that now those mowers cost $200 more.......To that I say whoopdie-do, if you want to be a yuppie and keep your yard nice like the Joneses, pay the price.
When you were a kid, did you have a neighbor with a big yard and a mean dog, that scared you so bad it'd make you piss your pants and then the bullies at school would kick your ass?

Oh, I forgot, they must have had a huge black fire belching SUV or truck as well.....

Last edited by Rsv1000R; 05-11-2009 at 08:01 AM..
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #100
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

DAMn I forgot about this thread.

Azoomm, ur awesome Good research I didn't feel like going into because I knew it was useless Facts are useless to most people these days.

pdog, what's your address? I'll send you one of those "Save the planet, Ride a horse" bumper stickers to put on your CC equiped car, suv, truck, etc. But you have to carry a pooper scooper and bio-degradable baggies on your horse so the shit doesn't contibute to green house gasses. BTW, when you talk you're emitting CO2... hell just quit breathing, you're contributing, k?

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote