Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N
Default Testing my Glucose levels for a week

Well thought it was about time to keep up with it and see if I'm a diabetic or have Hyperglycemia.

Just checked it and I haven't eaten anything since around 1pm I think with some soda (slow drinker) and it was at 124. Me so hungry right now. The tester told me before meal it should be 70-130 and after meal 70-180. 124 seems kinda high to be this late I would think.

Still peeing clear from the soda and often. I hate this crap. I've lived with it for as long as I can remember. I hate not being able to drink as much as I want and not have to worry about draining the lizard every 15 minutes until it stops.

CVS.com had this sucker marked down from $70 to $10.

Gonna eat something and test again.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

So are you trying to give your self the BEETUS by drinking soda? What the hell are you talking about? Every diabetic person I know is definitely in a bad way if they don't take what they need.

I'm sure talking to a doctor would be a much more logical method. Your post doesn't make very much sense.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Your post does sound like a stoner wrote it.

So what the hell are you talking about? You think you have it? You do have it? You're convincing yourself you have it?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Damn dude. Why are you looking at this like a homework assignment? I'm just checking my level because diabetes runs in the family and I've had some of the symptoms of both diabetes and hyperglycemia for years.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Damn dude. Why are you looking at this like a homework assignment? I'm just checking my level because diabetes runs in the family and I've had some of the symptoms of both diabetes and hyperglycemia for years.
Huh? I'm was referring to your post not making any sense. Why wouldn't you go to the doctor if you believe you have a problem? Using a self tester to check your sugar levels isn't going to tell you shit. I think you're getting into your head about it.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

It's not like I all of a sudden think I have this. I dont get sick and I never need to go to the hospital so no it's not in my head. Me doing the testing is the same as paying a doctor to send me home with a diet plan and doing the testing. There is no machine that instantly tells someone if they have diabetes or are hypoglycemic.

Didn't mean to get Mr. Derp to reply to my thread. Was hoping for some useful info but I keep forgetting that's hard to come by on here.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
It's not like I all of a sudden think I have this. I dont get sick and I never need to go to the hospital so no it's not in my head. Me doing the testing is the same as paying a doctor to send me home with a diet plan and doing the testing. There is no machine that instantly tells someone if they have diabetes or are hypoglycemic.

Didn't mean to get Mr. Derp to reply to my thread. Was hoping for some useful info but I keep forgetting that's hard to come by on here.
I'm trying to give you useful info Commander Derp, but if you think you can diagnose yourself with diabetes go ahead.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

You're not understanding either. I got the tester super cheap. Thought I'd do some test since there's no harm done. It is the holidays and I am very busy at work so no time to see a doctor right now. I am not doing open heart surgery on me self.

I wouldnt expect you to jump up and run to a doc when you got a tummy ache and think you have butt cancer.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
You're not understanding either. I got the tester super cheap. Thought I'd do some test since there's no harm done. It is the holidays and I am very busy at work so no time to see a doctor right now. I am not doing open heart surgery on me self.

I wouldnt expect you to jump up and run to a doc when you got a tummy ache and think you have butt cancer.
I'm understanding completely, you think you have a long term medical condition, but instead of talking to a doctor about it you bought a $70 machine you don't need.