Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 05-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
That camo looks baller. Where did you find it super cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Long story short, the back protector is awesome, the chest protector is so-so. I ordered a black race one (got the last one in my size!!!) from the 100-dollar-cheaper place (oncycles.com) and will be returning both the back and chest unit I currently have for now.
I got the last one in black and size small, but they might have the camo and/or other sizes. Make sure you get the race version if you want proper tailbone coverage. Just call them, they were very nice and shipped it yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00kienrayray View Post
knox makes super dope protection. what catches my interest most is the tailbone protection. idk how many riders i hear about breaking their tailbones in a crash...

good come up on it. btw sounds like zipping up the 1 pc. suit over that chest protector would be a bitch...
Exactly.... I have seen very few back protectors that offer proper tailbone coverage. Tailbone and hips and ribs are the things I see injured the most and almost no one properly protects that. I want to grab a pair of bohn impact armor shorts for hip protection.

And zipping up and getting off a 1pc is a bitch whether you have a chest protector or not although wearing underarmour or another slippery material helps, especially when you're sweaty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Nice setup. I want a chest protector. I've thought about that one...but my back protector doesn't have straps.
I think I'm going to try a chest unit with its own strap, since like I said this one is a little thick. I might look at the astars one or the unit I'm about to talk about below...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
Oooooo pretty! Damn. You didn't want me to say pretty anymore, did you? I mean you look badass!

What was that site you gave me yesterday where I might be able to get a custom back / chest protector?
impactarmor.com .... their website is a piece of shit but their product is top notch, I've seen them in person. They have a dimension/size form you fill out and send to them... especially helpful for oddly sized people like yourself

I am leaning towards getting their chest protector, especially considering it's only 30 bucks more than the knox unit and I saved 100 on the back protector...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Wore the back protector for a couple hundred miles on a twisty ride this sunday with some dudes from a local forum. WOW... really fucking comfortable... top notch shit. Also, even when tucked in, it really does still cover the tailbone... awesome piece of gear.

Still investigating chest protector options. Looks like Knox may have updated their chest protector to be thinner and pre-contoured. I'm looking into that and a couple other brands.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote