Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600
Default Jennings Track Days 4/19-4/20

So, finally got back to the track after last years wreck, and after the initial nerves and hysteria, (yes, I said it, I got just a tad panicked about getting out there), it was AWESOME!!!

Saturday was a ladies only event, there were 21 riders and about 4 control riders, we got to do 20 minute sessions in 3 groups: Race, Intermediate, and Novice. Had a few actual female racers who also ran control for us, they were awesome, and only 1 was over 5 feet tall (she was 6'), so for those that complain about height being a deterrent from riding, there is no excuse!! I got to meet some incredible women out there, from the lady with the prosthetic ankle tearing it up to the 15 yo racer who won 2 championships last year!! I learned alot from watching and chatting with the ladies and worlking with them one on one and will most def recommend a ladies only day for those that are nervous about riding with the guys!! On a side note, we completed a whole day with NO RED FLAGS!!

Sunday was a free for all, men and women, and it was alot of fun as well. One of my local shops hosted the day and many of the control riders were guys I ride with on a weekly basis so it was very comfortable having them there to offer their advice and get real track experience from them, as many have raced or currently do! I had a great time, and while we did have a couple of crashes, no one was seriously injured!

Everything is so technical and detailed, I'd love to share everything I learned and practiced, but theres too much!!

Here are some pics from this weekend, dont have Sat. yet, but these are just from the pro photog on Sunday...

My buddy Joe, a current licensed racer, watching me go round...

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
t-homo
WSB Champion

Congrats. Looks like a great time.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

Great pics Rae. Your body positioning is much better than last year.

Isn't it great when it all starts to "click"?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post

Yes!! I finally got it once I told the control riders to go help someone else and let me practice what they were teaching me!! (All personal acquaintances of mine, I wouldnt recommend telling someone you dont know that!)

By far the best was actually incorporating the usage of throttle, lean and weighting the outside peg coming through the turns to really spin to the outside and follow the race line...never felt more incredible on a bike!! And getting off the seat even more mid turn to increase lean and improve exit was beyond exciting!!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Very nice rae, looking good out there rockin your new cowhide. You are going to have to make it to a track day with us one of these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post

Agreed... body positioning looks much better! Well done!
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Agreed... body positioning looks much better! Well done!
She is still a little centered, that is my problem as well. You really need to hang off a lot more, it takes awhile to get use to, but it feels so much better once you start feeling it.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
She is still a little centered, that is my problem as well. You really need to hang off a lot more, it takes awhile to get use to, but it feels so much better once you start feeling it.
Yeah, but she's not making the bike do all the work any more... I still have a lot to do in that regard myself...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Lookin good out there, Rae!! I hear you met Acalliste finally? She said you're very sweet.

Who all was control riding this weekend?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, but she's not making the bike do all the work any more... I still have a lot to do in that regard myself...
yeah, she has started the transition in body position. It's getting your head out there that is the hardest part. It wants to fight it and stay centered with the bike, but that counteracts what you are doing with your butt. I was finally getting it yesterday where I was kissing my hands pretty much. Felt a lot cleaner through turns and felt like I was really making some progress from where I was at before the wrecks instead of just trying to rebuild what I lost.
Quote: