Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Mmmmm I saw one of those the other day, big bitch, but sposed to be light and great to ride...
Light is relative with those Chi They are super easy to ride and balance even at low speed but it's not a light bike if it starts tipping with ya! It is a sweet ride

Quote:
No way, now how. I prefer not to lower anything Im riding. Im not saying I couldnt ride the Versys, I could without a problem, it just wouldnt be preferred. Not as comfortable as I'd like TBH.
You could just get a 650R, basically the same bike though it is the "sport" look and a lower seat hight. They're fun, and they really are light, and nimble.

It's funny reading through this thread. I'm bored with my cruiser because I have pushed mine to it's limits, with suspension upgrades, raised forwards etc to gain all the ground clearance I could. I found myself running a road with lots of fast sweepers a couple summers ago at the absolute limit of the bike, dragging everything up to the hard points and realized I had no room for error at that point. I was looking under a Suburban going past in a right hander and when I got to the end of the road it hit me I was running stupid fast especially on my VTX. Now I want an FZ1 so I'll have a comfortable riding postion with as much sport handling as I'll need and a big enough bike for long rides. I'll miss the comfort of my VTX but I want something sporty again!!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
shmike
Follower

The uncomfortable bikes are meant for the track.

That is how I use them.

I have no use for a sportbike on the street where I live.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

im at the point were i almost have too many miles to think about selling the rc, if i did it would be almost like giving it away, so i think i will almost always have a SS in the garage...

but a klr 650 or versys would be a nice addition

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
klr 650 or versys would be a nice addition
My girlfriend had a Versys until her husband totaled it. (He is fine even after she got a hold of him) She loved that bike!
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I love VERSYS!! Unfortunately it is ridiculous tall!! They had a green one at the dealer I got to sit on (he almost died when I hopped on it tippy toe), but I cant see it as a regular ride for me.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
I love VERSYS!! Unfortunately it is ridiculous tall!! They had a green one at the dealer I got to sit on (he almost died when I hopped on it tippy toe), but I cant see it as a regular ride for me.
it can be lowered.

exhaust and a PC really wakes those bikes up.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Quote:
They are! She is 5'9" and has some ridiculous inseam. I hate bike shopping with her. She was my Femmoto buddy. She rode it down there, came home and purchased one.
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

The Versys chassis is very different than the Ninja 650R chassis. The engines are the same but tuned slightly different.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
im at the point were i almost have too many miles to think about selling the rc, if i did it would be almost like giving it away, so i think i will almost always have a SS in the garage...

but a klr 650 or versys would be a nice addition
im the same way honestly. especially since i OWN my bike, title in hand, i really dont ever see a reason to try and sell it for an upgrade. I'll buy more sportbikes down the road, i know it, but not at the cost of giving up one thats already served me so good over the years. I just dont see the point, especially considering i'd be looking to get the best profit, which would mean ripping off some young jerk-off who would end up making parts for the scrapyard out of it. I'd much rather keep it around for somebody close that would be able to use it or for just plain tinkering. garage space is really the only limiting factor.

I would like to start trying to follow in OTB's steps though. This summer i'm going to start looking for projects for next winter (assuming the project is not going to be my own bike again) to re-sell in the spring and see how much of a profit i can make.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Yeah I'm thinking the big bmw is in my future... Though I like the 800 a bit more...idk
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote