Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 09-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4
Default Wish you were here.

Va, WV, PA and MD in a morning.

Got up early (4am) and was out the door by 5; sky was just beginning to lighten. I love it when the morning slowly lightens the sky while your rolling down the road.

By six I was in Western Md and West Va, on 40/110, slipping through sleepy little towns; I had dropped off of 40 and explored little used roads with names like Gap Run Road, Mountain Church Road, and Trego Mountain Road.

I made loops back and forth; a lot of these roads only ran 4-6 miles but they flow with the terrain, up and down hills, around old rock outcroppings, most were two-lane only if you had a Model A.

Many of the roads would climb and drop, climb and drop, with turns that climbed only to drop off the other side of the rise, right at the apex. Thank God I had the Ducati; it's one of a very few bikes you can waggle the front tire in the air, crossed up and leaned over at the same time, plant the front tire back down over the rise and the bike doesn't even wiggle... and it doesn't wear or need steering damper.

Stopped for a bowl of oatmeal by 8 and was back on the road 20 mins later. An Hour later I found myself near Summit Pt., WV so I pulled in at the Main circuit where my boss had been working all weekend at the WERA regionals; two of the riders he sponsors were leading points in their classes (John Greer in Hvy Expert 1098 DUC and Katie Bladon Med Expert 650 Suz ), so I thought I'd put in a visit and watch the fun.

Home by 3 and burned up 3 tanks of gas...you shoulda been there.

Last edited by OTB; 09-20-2010 at 08:02 PM..
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Sounds like a great ride.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Shock rental? That's pretty fucking sweet...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Sounds like a great ride.
Yeah it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Shock rental? That's pretty fucking sweet...
I didn't realize you could rent them either.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
OTB
The Man

Yep, we have 6 different styles of shock, plus a full assortment of spring rates.
$150 gets you install, set-up and 3 days (at the track or on the street) use of the Penske of your choice....if you decide to buy, we don't charge the install or rental fee. If you decide to end the rental, we just charge the $150...no other fees.

A great way to see if a top-notch shock will do what you want and skip the install and set-up fees if it works for you.

Most folks find SUCH a difference in handling, they keep the shock.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Yep, we have 6 different styles of shock, plus a full assortment of spring rates.
$150 gets you install, set-up and 3 days (at the track or on the street) use of the Penske of your choice....if you decide to buy, we don't charge the install or rental fee. If you decide to end the rental, we just charge the $150...no other fees.

A great way to see if a top-notch shock will do what you want and skip the install and set-up fees if it works for you.

Wow, that sounds like a great offer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
OTB
The Man

Default Passed by a gurl

This is a pic of Katie doing her thing......in first place......
Old 09-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:

Pretty cool...as mentioned had not seen this.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:

That's a KILLER deal... you guys got a shop in FL yet?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote