Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #41
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea who said my girl was EVER going to go to the track? NOBODY!!!! We are street riders!

BTW I see that YOUR woman has a 750....
Ya true not everyone wants to get the most out of their bike.

BTW my girl can handle her 4th 750, she didnt just jump on it after 2 months of learning on a 250.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #42
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
....and she's tired of getting left behind.
if she's tired of being left behind you should have changed your riding style to accommodate her for a while......

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #43
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

What exactly are you "right" about?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #44
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
There are very few people on the forum that have said more technically stupid things than you Pleather...everybody, do a post search for this chick and you'll see what I mean! It's not "stupid" it's possibly ill informed.

Yeah, you should all read the one where I fell for a CL scam for a bike...oh no wait...
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
who talkin maxed? other then you.........
Kerry... and others stated that she should get closer to the limit on this bike before moving on... Yea and none of us would ever get new bikes! Shit we should wait until a car is completely undrivable before we get a new one. We should wait until our wives are totally unfuckable before we trade them in too!!! TVs should be unrepairable. Clothes unwearable... Of course, I'm kidding but whatever.

The deal is the girl wanted a 600 from the start, she acquiesced and got a 250. Rode it for a month and now she wants a bigger bike. The classic scenario in these cases. I seen it online and in real life a 1000 times. A guy gets talked into a smaller bike than he wanted and ends up getting bored and buying the bike he wanted in the first place. Say it isn't so... You all point to your little cloister of e-friends from your forum and say, "See so and so kept his 250 for 3 years before getting another bike" but you totally ignore the 100s of 250s on the market from '08 and '09. Cathy lives where there are tight twisties to ride everyday, the other girl took hers to the track. I could live with an Aprillia 250 under those conditions (not the Kaw-chassis sucks balls!) Kawasaki updated the looks but no so much the performance. There are literally faster, lighter, better handling/performing scooters out there!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
sounds like an excellant plan, though as you well know you'll get more selling it yourself.
Yea but the hassles involved don't always offset the benefits, you know?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #47
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
I seen it online and in real life a 1000 times. A guy gets talked into a smaller bike than he wanted and ends up getting bored and buying the bike he wanted in the first place. Say it isn't so... You all point to your little cloister of e-friends from your forum and say, "See so and so kept his 250 for 3 years before getting another bike" but you totally ignore the 100s of 250s on the market from '08 and '09.
sure it happens alot, 100's of 250's F/S, hardly. they also fetch top dollar as long as you don't buy new........most don't get deals like your girls. hell i see the old style one still askin ~2800, isnt' that over MSRP.

ego is a bich. thats about all there is about that.

250's are fine for the streets. just ego gets in the way.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #48
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post

Yeah, you should all read the one where I fell for a CL scam for a bike...oh no wait...

Hey, I didn't fall for anything. I think that she's stupid too. My "crime" is not "forbidding" her to do it. At about 12 am Sunday, after about 100 texts about how Ebay has her back and the auction is almost over....I finally text back "do whatever you want, I hope that it legit". My gf is a strong willed stubborn girl that does whatever she wants. Heck she came here to go to school from a smaller town where her grand pa was chief of police(ret), her uncle just retired from the State Police, her other grand pa owns a multi-million dollar company that half the family works for and her step dad is a big wig with Hatch. All of these people have offered her jobs, fucking land, to pay for school in a field that pertains to their company, etc and she decided to "do it on her own" in the medical field. ..With a LOT of help of course! She could have gone to school local and had EVERYTHING paid for and not work at all unless she wanted some easy, cushy job in the family business....
Old 10-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
What exactly are you "right" about?
That most people who buy 250s on the advice of friends end up getting tired of them quickly. Oh and that the 250 is not necessarily the best starter bike for everyone. How long did you ride your 250 before upgrading?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #50
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
That most people who buy 250s on the advice of friends end up getting tired of them quickly. Oh and that the 250 is not necessarily the best starter bike for everyone. How long did you ride your 250 before upgrading?
warning warning...........generalization in progress

and becuase a 250 is not a perfect starter bike a 600SS is? what makes it so?
lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote