Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Default Need a new entertainment system

Ok so I'm planning my black friday purchasing for a new living room setup.

On a slight budget cause I'm trying to do about $25k worth of improvements to the house with $18k. On the budget for this piece is $3.5K but if I could slide in under that more money to say the kitchen.

The pieces I need...

LCD 50"-60"
Audio system

Here's what I was thinking on audio. I want to go Bose. I think many imitate and some come close but bose is bose. Like Stihl to 2 strokes and Honda to generators. Others will do the job but not with their finesse. I also want small and understated but good sound.

I went to the Bose factory store Friday. I was AMAZED at the 3:2:1 GS Serious III system. Just 2 up front speakers and a powered sub. The sound was very filling and far more crisp than the lower Lifestyle V systems. The sound was also in the range of your periphial vision. No rear behind your head sound cause nothing back there. Comes with the 3 speakers, and the tuner which has AM/FM/CD/DVD with HDMI outs. And retail is only $999

To get the same crisp sound in the lifestyle V series the price jumps to $3k for the V35 system. So I am thinking of cutting the corner on this. Using the money elsewhere. MAYBE unless somebody screams bloody murder no.

Anybody?

On the TV/monitor...

Any suggestions? I know 1080p ( i think that is right). I want to stay mainstream brands. Love the Samsung electric powered mount that you control thru the tv remote.

I figure maybe I can snag these for a good deal on black friday. I'm pretty sure that will be possible for the tv...

What ya think?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote