Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Fabbing a jig to do it is easy, the jig to press the barrel is a simple plate and bot arrangement. The challenge is the Rivet in the front trunion. I have used a Set of Modified bolt cutters for several builds and will lend them to you if you want to cover shipping both ways. Recently a friend spent about 300 though on the AK-Builder Kit , I used it and damn does it make it easy!
Damn I wish I could find that youtube video of the guy walking up into the mountains of Afghanistan and passing thru this area of tents and caves where dozens of workers are pounding out AK-47's by the THOUSANDS using very primitive hand tools and smelting processes.

I can't remember the number but it was VERY few people (several KIDS and elderly) pumping out hundreds of AK's a day.

One of the truly easiest guns to hand forge from scratch.

I've owned 2, and numerous norinco SKS's but it'd be neat as hell to build one like you're doing. But I'd only do it with you somewhere in reasonable driving distance from me so I could get you to unfuck what I did the night before

Having said that....I hope my 10.5" barrel for my AR pistol build comes in today My 80% lower is off for engraving and ceracoting