Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #31
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Well they may or may not be but your post/link doesn't prove it from what I see. That's not even the same pics I posted.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #32
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

cute pooch, GM!

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #33
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Just got word...

Puppies were born this morning!!!!!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #34
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Just got word...

Puppies were born this morning!!!!!!
They'll be 20lbs tomorrow....
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #35
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Smaller litter this time... only 5 pups. So breeder expects them to grow fast being they won't have to fighter over mom milk. And 2 of them are the blue (actually silver) males. So that is good, we can figure out which one fits us best.

Will have some pics Sat and better pics Tuesday after they get their tails and dew claws done.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 05-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #36
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Congrats on a real (large) dog Gasman. They seem to run the same price range as our Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

Here's some advice from a big dog owner. First, keep his food and water bowls at a comfortable height for him. Excessive reach *may* lead to stomach problems.

If you suspect he has stomach problems, feed him live culture yogurt. That straightened out Mochi's problems. He gets 5 tablespoons of yogurt, three times a day. He was literally on the "Activa Challenge"

Another possible problem ( which we had ) was lack of specific breed knowledge at the vets. Be prepared to do a lot of research if his health is anything but perfect.

Since you are not cropping his ears, they MUST be kept clean. We wash Mochi's ears about every week to every other week. When we got him ( at 5 months ), he had an ear mite problem that went undiagnosed for many months. He now hates to have his ears cleaned. Get your puppy used to it so it's not a problem. We also use Revolution for heartworm and a tick collar since it controls ear mites and the other popular one doesn't ( I forget the name)

Since he's going to be as strong as our dog, I would suggest a "gentle leader" . It attaches around the neck and around the snout. The leash attaches under the snout and takes the pull away. Without it, Mochi can pull me around . I'm 6'- and 210 lbs. With it on, my 130 lb wife has full control over the dog. ( she does without it too, but if he wants to see something , he's as strong as an ox. GSMD are also work dogs)

I would suggest giving the dog the best food you can get. Not only is it better for him, it will have less filler and therefore fewer "landmines" in the yard

I've heard both good and bad about corso canes. The only bad is from irresponsible owners who didn't properly train their dogs. Make sure he's brought up with other dogs so his social skills are good.

GSMD were used as war dogs in the middle ages so they can be vicious but can also be a very social dog if raised properly. They are also fairly new to the US. Here's picture of Mochi playing with our friends Boston Terrier. he also has the gentle leader on but it's hard to see.

Mochi's only about 125 lbs in the picture. he's filled out and goes about 155 lbs now.

Once again, congrats on your puppy
Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Thats a great picture.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #38
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

OK... I have heard of the ear mites thing and will have to say something to the wife about it. We had to clean out our last dogs ears so its no big surprise.

I have also saw things on the little tables for the dogs for their dishes. I bet it would also hep keep the cats out of the dog food.

Our breeder has very specific directions on what to do and not to do with your puppy. Even down to what food, and no long walks or ANY jogging for a year (to help with future hip problems). Around the block is plenty for a pup.

We already been buying things for the dog. The gentle lead or they have some other name for it too... but anyway, that was suggested by th breeder and we already have one that is adjustable. Also, got a kennel wall for the SUV, and have lined up a few smaller kennels for the pup that we are going to borrow from a friend. And will buy a large one for him later when he grows.

Well we have 2 cats, and birds so social skills for the dog are going to top priority. My mother in law around the corner has a 7# Chihuahua and my mom has a 12# shitzu so we will be having play dates with them. Funny thing is the pup at 6 weeks will way 3-4 times the chihuahua. Should be funny to watch for sure! Will also be taking regular runs to pet's stores, vet, and probably the park. Socialize him is the idea both with people and other pets/dogs.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #39
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

The puppy pics from when they were just days old.

3 boys & 2 girls

The girls

And one of the other sleeping boy's

Then today we went and saw the 2 week old puppy. He's oh so cute and so small...

The happy couple with their new kid

And of coarse his bro's and sisters

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #40
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

And daddy outside...wanting to eat me!

Run Amsoil Product