Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The Verizon iPhone doesn't have LTE? Fuck that, then. What is the point then? The Thunderbolt and several others came out 6 months before the new iPhone, and still get LTE.
No iphone has LTE yet.

AT&T has HSPA+ which is what most people call 3.5G. It's nowhere near as fast as LTE, but it's a shitload faster than Verizon's CDMA 3G network.

So on Verizon, it's retarded to get an iphone right now unless you must have apple products.

I went from getting 2mbps to averaging around 20mbps with my 4G phone. My wife's iphone 4s is still averaging 2mbps and that came out 2 months ago....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Yea, Im tired of my X. Its too slow now...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #13
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Yea, Im tired of my X. Its too slow now...
This. Just waiting till mid-march and my upgrade time comes around again.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
This. Just waiting till mid-march and my upgrade time comes around again.
Mine isnt till august. I may be able to upgrade early. I may just buy a used 4g phone off craigslist. Ive been looking at either the charge or thunderbolt to get me there. I think I'm done with motorola for awhile...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Trip, what is your coverage like with Verizon? I've considered switching from AT&T, but although HSPA+ isn't fast, I seem to get pretty decent coverage here in Texas. Being as my job often has us training in somewhat remote areas, I like to at least have a signal, even if it is only a couple bars on Edge. I know I've heard a lot of complaints with the Government Blackberries, because apparently T-mobile coverage is poor (or nonexistent) once you leave metro areas.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

T-Mobile is the Worst out of the Big 4 IMO...My friend has it and it takes him FOREVER to receive my texts. And when we talk on the phone he cuts in and out all the time. And it's NEVER on my end.

I have the Iphone, On verizon...It doesnt really bother me not having LTE...the 3g coverage is really quite sufficient...and half the time Im using a wifi spot somewhere getting faster speeds

True 4g will probably never be achieved the speeds for it are over 100megs, actually more IIRC. I use my laptop more than my phone though so thats another reason why I dont really care about "how fast" my phone service is.

And not that I dont believe you trip but noone i know with verizon 4g phones have gotten anywhere close to 20megs...The verizon average is somewhere around 6.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #17
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

http://gigaom.com/2010/11/04/what-is-4g/

Good read on the topic at hand.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Trip, what is your coverage like with Verizon? I've considered switching from AT&T, but although HSPA+ isn't fast, I seem to get pretty decent coverage here in Texas. Being as my job often has us training in somewhat remote areas, I like to at least have a signal, even if it is only a couple bars on Edge. I know I've heard a lot of complaints with the Government Blackberries, because apparently T-mobile coverage is poor (or nonexistent) once you leave metro areas.
Verizon has the best coverage bar none in most areas, there are only a few areas they lag behind AT&T in. I would compare the two online coverage maps for each company for your area to see who is better. Verizon in this area simply does not have any competitor for rural coverage. 4G coverage is limited to big cities right now though. 3G coverage is pretty excellent in rural areas, but is slower than HSPA+ and even HSPA.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Mine isnt till august. I may be able to upgrade early. I may just buy a used 4g phone off craigslist. Ive been looking at either the charge or thunderbolt to get me there. I think I'm done with motorola for awhile...
i have read a lot of bad things on the thurderbolt
i have the charge and its an ok phone, i personally hate the keyboard and the battery life sucks
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
i have read a lot of bad things on the thurderbolt
i have the charge and its an ok phone, i personally hate the keyboard and the battery life sucks
I have heard a lot of bad things about the stock thunderbolt, but I hear it is a fantastic phone if you go beyond stock. The Rezound battery is suppose to be a replacement for the thunderbolt battery and make the thunderbolt have awesome battery life. There is apparently a rom if you root the phone that is suppose to make it silky smooth and fast. A lot of devs really like this phone after they do this, a lot of them were wanting to get nexus until they worked out the kinks on it.