Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #21
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifox View Post
But the Zunes really do suck. The i-pods are nice and i heard one with the little add-on doo-dad playing on a Dewalt radio at a house i was helping finish up drywall
Uhhhhh... well that kinda contradictory to the 2 years of problem free music that i've gotten. And of the six MP3/4 players ive had... most likely the clearest and most flawless music playback ive ever had, whether thru headphones, home system, or car system. And the most well built... including the 3 year warranty....

You gotta think too Digi, he wants something that plays music.... not add useless "applications" and use the internet. Apples are only crappy "scene" devices, that only sell because of the name and not audio quality.... I cant even count the number of friend that have had multiple generations of apples crap on them... and then love the zune.

James do yourself a favor and get the Zune or this.... http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_fuze
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 01-11-2009 at 12:06 AM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 AM   #22
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Uhhhhh... well that kinda contradictory to the 2 years of problem free music that i've gotten. And of the six MP3/4 players ive had... most likely the clearest and most flawless music playback ive ever had, whether thru headphones, home system, or car system. And the most well built... including the 3 year warranty....

You gotta think too Digi, he wants something that plays music.... not add useless "applications" and use the internet. Apples are only crappy "scene" devices, that only sell because of the name and not audio quality.... I cant even count the number of friend that have had multiple generations of apples crap on them... and then love the zune.

James do yourself a favor and get the Zune or this.... http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_fuze
I took a quick look at them today. They are both about $40 more then my Zen so I need to decided if i want to spend that much. One problem I have after getting this one is I now don't want any less then 4gb. Before I would have been happy with 2gb. I just want to be a music pack rat and put a bunch of different things on there so I can listen to what ever I want. I have Hip Hop, R&B, Blues, Rock, Raggae and Motown on there and want to load up.

I think I will be taking back this one even if its just to replace it with another Zen. This has an external speaker and it doesn't work on mine. I can't even find setting for it like it says in the manual.

I'm going to research it some more and decide what I want to do. Thanks for all the help so far and keep it coming.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #23
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

James.... If you are just serious about music alone, and not video at all, this was mi momma's christmas gift. It does a good job at what she needs, which is the basics. Music quality is good, screen is small and cool lookin. And its way less expensive than the zune. And if your a gym rat.... it is tiny and light as hell, and clips on ur shirt....

http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_clip
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #24
Flexin
AMA Supersport

So far I'm liking this Zen. Its not perfect. The offset buttons can be a issue in the dark. The other night I went and bought a broke back cable (double male audio cable) and tried it in my excavator through the aux in port. I was surprised. It sounded good unlike with my speakers in my garage. I will have to try that again. Tried some Jodeci and that sounded good. Played some SRV Pride and Joy. That was great. Played some Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child and the intro of that song sounded amazing for the two little speakers in my excavator. Purple Haze sounded good as well.

I didn't really care about the video but I do like the option now. And I like having pictures on my mp3 player. I have some of the kids and my wife. And some car/bikes and so on.

After using it for a bit I kinda want a much larger capacty so I can hold even more songs (even though this 4gb isn't even half full yet)/ And I wouldn't mind a larger screen. I would love to have a 32gb Zen X-Fi.

James
Old 02-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #25
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Does anyone know how to stop windows media player from added pictures to my mp3 player when I update it?

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Looks like it only put on a few pics so I'm fine for now. No surprise nude pics of myself on my mp3. I found 50+ old cds and I justed ripped them and loaded them to my mp3 player. I now have 889 songs 225 photos (It doesn't seem like I have that many on there. I'll have to look into that) 4 videos (I should toss them they are the ones that came with it and they are costing me some songs) which leaves me 12 mb free out of my 4gb player. I just got the thing and I want a larger one. I want the 16 or 32gb player so I can have everything on it. I still have a lot of songs that I know I want on there that I don't have yet.

James
Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #27
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Wait til you have a 60gb mp3 player and you try to sort out the bad music to add more.

I have a few songs that show up as pure static, so when Iput my ipod on shuffle and ride my bike they randomly show up, but I don't know which ones they are and I dont have 2 weeks (straight) to listen to all my music to find them.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #28
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Wait til you have a 60gb mp3 player and you try to sort out the bad music to add more.

I have a few songs that show up as pure static, so when Iput my ipod on shuffle and ride my bike they randomly show up, but I don't know which ones they are and I dont have 2 weeks (straight) to listen to all my music to find them.
I stop what I'm doing and delete the ones I don't like. There is a bunch that came with the player I have to toss. If it happened while riding I would just curse the song and hope that it comes on at a time that I could take it off.

Loading up 60 gb would be a bitch. Took me a few hours I think to rip 50+ cds then I loaded up the mp3 player.

James
Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #29
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Well my Zen Mozaic let me down last week. It worked perfect up till then. Great battery life, decent sound and so on. Last week I was sick and we had a snow storm, so I had to go plow. I warm my machine up and move some carts off the side walk so I can plow it. I get in my machine, put in my head phones, hit the power switch, and nothing happens. The fucker wouldn't turn on so I had to work that storm sick and with no music. I was pissed.

I thought it might just be the battery so I put it on the charger when I got home and nothing. The unit is dead.

So I'm going to see if I can take it back an try something else.

I'm not to happy about the fact that Creative keeps trying to get you to register by putting up a pop up. I would cancel it but after a while it wouldn't even do that. It would close and pop up again. I'm not impressed with that.

James
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #30
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I recommend the Sansa, lots of people like it. Very sim ple interface, solid quality, and if you hold out one with bluetooth is either on it's way or here already, I haven't kept track.