Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #51
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Koss would be easy on the wallet but I have never really happy with anything I tried from Koss. I haven't tried anything from them in a while.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #52
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What models do you have. I have heard really good things and really bad things about them. It seems people love or hate them. I know of at least 3 stores that carry them but they have a lot of different models and I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet.

James
I am using the smoking buds when I ride. They fit nicely in my ears, and don't get shoved down my estation tubes when I put my helmet on.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #53
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Just a few hours ago I bought Skull Candy Full Metal Jacket with 11 mm drivers. I like them much better then my oem set. Bass is much better. I had to turn off the bass boost but they sound good. I need to play with them a bit to see if they sound $62 good. I didn't want to spend that much. I was thinking $30-40 range but there were less headphones to chose from then there was 2 or 3 months ago. I didn't see anything I wanted in the stores I went to that was in that range. I didn't want to pay $120 for the Shure's. They told me the Bose were done to $94 from $120 but I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go that high.

They come with 4 different covers to make them fit right. I tried two, but need to try the other 2. They don't seem to fit just right yet. They also have a stiff cable which I don't really like. That along with the buds that don't fit perfect in my left ear yet (the right seems to fit a bit better) lets it pull it out of my ear at times.

One thing I do like is the cable isn't long but it comes with an extension. Right now I use it without so its nice not having too much cable floating around.

I'm still testing the sound but I have been sick for over a week and my left ear is bothering me so its hard to tell with that ear at times. I have 30 days to return time so I will test them out and if they don't seem like they are worth $62 they will go back.

I almost think that I might need to go over the ear to get the exact sound I want.

BTW unless I can get these to fit better I would never buy them if I was using them on a bike. Right now I know a helmet will rip these out of my ears without a problem. I still have my helmet so I can test that after I get them to fit right if anyone wants me to try.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
I am using the smoking buds when I ride. They fit nicely in my ears, and don't get shoved down my estation tubes when I put my helmet on.
What do you think of the sound quality?

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #54
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

What do you think of the sound quality?

James
Depending on the way the song got ripped has a lot to do with the sound. The normal song ripped at the normal rate, sounds fine. I always use a custom eq if available, and don't like to push a lot of bass through the small sets. I usually have the bass right at or just above normal, or I use the "rock" preset mostly, if a custom eq is not available.

If you want to spend some cash and get a really nice set of earphones...

Shure Headphones
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #55
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
Depending on the way the song got ripped has a lot to do with the sound. The normal song ripped at the normal rate, sounds fine. I always use a custom eq if available, and don't like to push a lot of bass through the small sets. I usually have the bass right at or just above normal, or I use the "rock" preset mostly, if a custom eq is not available.

If you want to spend some cash and get a really nice set of earphones...

Shure Headphones
I was looking at the Shure last night I was having a hard time talking myself into paying $120 for ear buds. It was hard spending $62 but I talked myself out of a lot of cheap ones because I knew I wanted some good sound. I had my brother try them today and the things they sound good. And this was after him telling me I was crazy for spending $62 on headphones. He thinks they are worth the $62.

If I end up not liking them, I will see what else is in this price range. If I don't find anything I will have to dig deeper in my pocket.

James