Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #491
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

they never tell you untill after you quit or get fired that they have a no rehire policy. I have worked places that wouldn't rehire you even if you left on good terms. guess it keeps you from coming back wanting more money because you left and got more experience.

did you get to talk to the unemployment people? here anyway after you put in for it both of you have X amount of time to send in the paper explaining the termination. if you send your in and they don't send theirs in you win. they should tell you if your employer has sent in to dispute your unemployment compensation.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #492
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
they never tell you untill after you quit or get fired that they have a no rehire policy. I have worked places that wouldn't rehire you even if you left on good terms. guess it keeps you from coming back wanting more money because you left and got more experience.

did you get to talk to the unemployment people? here anyway after you put in for it both of you have X amount of time to send in the paper explaining the termination. if you send your in and they don't send theirs in you win. they should tell you if your employer has sent in to dispute your unemployment compensation.
Each time I talk to them, they tell me the same thing. I won't receive the actual approval letter for at least 4-6 weeks, even though they've already sent me a statement showing how much my weekly benefits are and for how long AND the credit card. They've told me until the 6 weeks is up and I haven't received anything, they can't do anything for me. I've called several times and still get told the same generic shit.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:54 AM   #493
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Each time I talk to them, they tell me the same thing. I won't receive the actual approval letter for at least 4-6 weeks, even though they've already sent me a statement showing how much my weekly benefits are and for how long AND the credit card. They've told me until the 6 weeks is up and I haven't received anything, they can't do anything for me. I've called several times and still get told the same generic shit.
that really sucks, would think they could tell you if it is going to go through or not. but, would think they would tell you if they had disputed it.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #494
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

tired... sore... wet...

off to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #495
t-homo
WSB Champion

Fuck yeah Mizzou and Fuck Duke.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #496
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

FUCK! just got up and found my bike on it's side..

of course it's not the side already damaged... fuck me!

other than the bar end being scrapped... and the tail having a little scratching... everything seems to be in order.... I had my cover on it so no rash anywhere else.

we're having a large thunderstorm and it's quite windy... though I think as my bike was the ONLY one tipped over... the dude that parked next to me in the hanicap spot helped it to it's side...

I'll get a closer look this weekend... I'm just happy no parts are busted!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #497
t-homo
WSB Champion

Damn man sorry to hear that. I'd be kickin some handicap ass.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #498
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

fucker isn't handicap... he just parked there cause he's to lazy to park around the fuck'n corner.

I've been here a week and already wanna talk to the manager about this douche... dude shows off his exhaust and stereo every chance he gets... seriously... I came in behind him at the gate... had to sit at a light just before turning into our complex... I had my window down.. so did he... I could hear bass... no words... as soon as we cleared the gate (with the no loud music sign) I could FEEL the bass and hear the words with my window rolled up even... (congrats you've got a nice system... now turn it the fuck down)

anyways... he parked there night before last... and it was still there when I got home yesterday... got up this morning... his car is nowhere to be found... and my bike is on it's side... probably nothing I can do.... but i am gonna speak to the manager
Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #499
zed
yellow don't corner well

that really sucks.

we lived in a duplex and the neighbors husband finally got out of jail and stayed out for a bit and decided for some reason to kick mine over. biggest part of 2K in damage.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #500
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

damn I'd be fuck'n pissed... as of right now... I can't be too pissed... I have a garage... but was lazy and did't wanna take the bike in last night... (my garage is about 100 yards away) so my lazy ass is at fault in the end