Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #11
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Why should I worry? Your all gay right?

Just finished the NW200 vid. Those guys are really flying loose not to have any run off at all. Truly a man sport.
True, I know I'm gay as a 3 dollar bill. Many here are as well but won't "Man up" and admit it.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
those guys have some serious cajones.
My nuts tucked into my body and my butt puckered watching him go through some of those corners
________
TOYOTA BIG AIR SPECIFICATIONS
________
group Cams

Last edited by Antwanny; 04-07-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwanny View Post
My nuts tucked into my body and my butt puckered watching him go through some of those corners
Same here. From 6:50 to 7:30 on the first video when he's going through the barely two lane village at 150 mph, INCHES from the curb makes me cringe like no other video. I get brain fade just watching the whole lap and they do dozens of laps a day practicing.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Same here. From 6:50 to 7:30 on the first video when he's going through the barely two lane village at 150 mph, INCHES from the curb makes me cringe like no other video. I get brain fade just watching the whole lap and they do dozens of laps a day practicing.
ehh the thing is... when your on the bike your so into it your brain fade will be vastly reduced... not to take anything from them... what they do is insane... and you may make a mistake or 30... but your brain fade wouldn't be so pronounced... ya know what I mean?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
ehh the thing is... when your on the bike your so into it your brain fade will be vastly reduced... not to take anything from them... what they do is insane... and you may make a mistake or 30... but your brain fade wouldn't be so pronounced... ya know what I mean?
Very true, even when riding, what is for me "hard" on backroads I don't get fatigued easily unless I haven't eaten well or am stressed about something. It's just that watching the video makes my mind shudder a little bit trying to image the speed take around blind corners with stone fucking walls on either side.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Very true, even when riding, what is for me "hard" on backroads I don't get fatigued easily unless I haven't eaten well or am stressed about something. It's just that watching the video makes my mind shudder a little bit trying to image the speed take around blind corners with stone fucking walls on either side.
What is a blind corner to you, is very well known to them. Although, mistakes are much more likely to kill a guy there, than on the track, even with no cars or pedestrians on the road.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #17
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
What is a blind corner to you, is very well known to them. Although, mistakes are much more likely to kill a guy there, than on the track, even with no cars or pedestrians on the road.
Point taken but I've always disliked blind corners. The last 4 turns on my way home from work every night are blind curves and even though I've only seen a couple deer and maybe one broken down car in my 9 years living here, I'm still extra cautious every time in the car or bike and slow more than I need to.

The idea of taking a blind corner on a bike, tapped out in 6th gear as he was at one point puts a brown spot in my underwear.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I can't see the video... but the Isle of Mann is a closed course durring the race so a blind corner if memorized really isn't that big a deal other than possible crap on the road... on your back roads the blind corners have possible 5 ton iron motorcycle seeking missles piloted by blue hairs coming around them.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #19
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

This is what is scary about it to me...Racing on track means concentrating on hitting your marks exactly to the centimeter lap after lap. Racing on this open roads course, no difference. Passing however means getting out of your normal racing line and being off your marks, so lapping that course and racing that course become to very different things.

Then add that those roads are OPEN to traffic all day before and after the race so any old cage or truck (lorrie over there) can leak oil, antifreeze, throw out a gum wrapper and it might not get picked up by the corner workers/track sweepers.

Then add the fact that your racing and anything can happen. Joey Dunlops brother died when the bike in front of him seized up causing a no fault crash in which, even though he was just happened to be in the wrong spot, he was killed!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #20
Over200
Helo Avoidance Equipped

Moto: Time Machine

Everytime I throw a Leg Over!!!
Over200 is offline   Reply With Quote