am I right????

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #102
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Well damn it Kel. You could have left them guessing for a while. The mastiff is a Bull mastiff...

And check this shit out...this is NOT a photoshop. Its called double muscling and this dog is a whippet. creepy.

http://blogmuscle.files.wordpress.co.../07/wendy1.png

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #103
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
Well damn it Kel. You could have left them guessing for a while. The mastiff is a Bull mastiff...

And check this shit out...this is NOT a photoshop. Its called double muscling and this dog is a whippet. creepy.

http://blogmuscle.files.wordpress.co.../07/wendy1.png
Ive actually seen a tv episode about Wendy, the freaky whippet. Very interesting, a rare genetic problem whippets have...poor lady is accused all the time of doping her dog...can you imagine if humans were able to isolate and utilize something like that..?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #104
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Ive actually seen a tv episode about Wendy, the freaky whippet. Very interesting, a rare genetic problem whippets have...poor lady is accused all the time of doping her dog...can you imagine if humans were able to isolate and utilize something like that..?
They have:

Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #105
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Strange how since his father stopped giving him steepids, he's average sized..
Ever
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #106
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
It can be very hard to tell. Only one of these is an American Pit Bull Terrier. Can you find it?
Don't you dare try to use that goddamn logic with Tigger! What's wrong with you Hokie?!? You really want a brain explosion on your conscience?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #107
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Have you met many animal control officers?

Your stats fail to paint the whole picture. You are less likely to be attacked by a pit bull than many, MANY other breeds and mixes of dogs. Pit bulls and breeds like them are just more likely to seriously mess you up when they do attack, because they are much more powerful, relentless animals than labs, retrievers, etc.

I've been on the receiving end of attacks from all sorts of canines (almost all of which were my fault, I'll add), and it's much easier to ward off a big lab than it is an extemely determined bully breed. When a poorly socialized pit bull (or a pit bull minus its owner) decides to attack, there isn't much short of knocking it unconscious that will make it stop. That said, most bully breeds I've encountered weren't aggressive in the first place.
Man this is like a gun control argument... it's never going to be the dog is it? 67% out of the what, hundreds of breeds, not to mention the mixes that DON'T get called out as pits...if you're ready to say they can be wrong one way, you have to be aware that they can call the breed wrong and NOT name it a pit after an incident.

What's killing me, one side says it's the owner's fault when dogs are bad. Hokie is saying that her parent's dog attacks other dogs but it's not the dog's or her parent's fault. You are almost saying that it's the person who gets attacked fault, and to top it off you think that animal control officers are idiots and more that 50% incorrect in their breed identifications.

I guess I'm confused, when a dog bites is it;

a. the owner's fault
b. the dog's fault/temperament/breed
c. the victim's fault
d. Cesar Milan's for making a bunch of suckers believe that they can own potentially dangerous animals without incident if they hold their collars a certain way.

Come on, I'm sure that we can all understand that it's a combination of a, b, and c (maybe a little of d as well ) You can't just rule out the possibility that if Hokie's parents had owned a different dog (possibly even a pit) that the situation might be different and incident-less. That if the trailer trash had owned a poodle that the baby would still have it's toes. I honestly believe that dogs have individual personalities just like people and like people different types have different strengths and characteristics, in general. Stereotypes suck BUT they rarely just get started without any reason whatsoever.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #108
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Tigger,

I think people need to be aware of the animals that they have. They are, first and foremost, animals that live life by instinct and learned behavior FIRST. Ignorance is not an excuse.

I am very aware that my dog, if put in the right situation, could kill. I just don't like the idea of putting any breed into a bracket. It's profiling... just because it's profiling dogs doesn't make it any better than profiling humans.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #109
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Don't you dare try to use that goddamn logic with Tigger! What's wrong with you Hokie?!? You really want a brain explosion on your conscience?
What logic? When did I ever say that "all animal control officers make perfect identifications"? In fact, I've given you 50% wrong! That's a fuck load plus, as I've said, if you maintain that they can be wrong one way, you HAVE to agree that they might make a mistake and not identify a pit mix and call it something else.

I'm glad that you all have good dogs, seriously. If you guys all go out and buy leopard cubs and swear they make great pets, I'm not going to get one of those either.

We had a wolf mix when I was a kid and the dog was great with us. I remember riding on it's back when I was little (really big dog). Killed a bunch of neighborhood dogs and bit a few kids.

I could tell you how he pulled me on my skateboard, or how we used to wrestle and he always let me win. How he woke us up when there was a fire (true story) or how he attacked some dudes that had chased me home from school.

Unfortunately, I could also tell you how we had to replace the front door because it used to be glass and the dog went through it after the mailman. He attacked my step mom when she came into my room to yell at me and he was on the bed (I kinda enjoyed that one). How a neighbor kid had to get a ton of stitches because she didn't see the dog and stepped in our yard. Or how a stupid neighbor's dog got loose one time too many and ended up with a broken neck.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #110
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Tigger,

I think people need to be aware of the animals that they have. They are, first and foremost, animals that live life by instinct and learned behavior FIRST. Ignorance is not an excuse.

I am very aware that my dog, if put in the right situation, could kill. I just don't like the idea of putting any breed into a bracket. It's profiling... just because it's profiling dogs doesn't make it any better than profiling humans.
Or any worse...

Yea you're right we shouldn't profile ANY animals. Go ahead and pick up that rattlesnake, they're not dangerous. They're just a victim of PROFILING!!!

Don't you agree that some breeds of dogs are bigger than others? Some are faster? Smarter? It always gets me that positive profiling is okay but don't you dare say anything negative!!! I don't care if you have facts, they must be wrong. I don't care if you have documentation, it has to be falsified or the documentors are idiots/incompetent. I don't care if there are thousands of news stories, it's media bias. (um, even the first story?) I don't care if you have personal stories, it must have been the circumstances/owners/victims.

When did it start becoming profiling/media bias? The 10th incident? The 100th?...the 1000th?...the 10,000th?

What if I told you that I have a pet leopard and it's an AWESOME pet! It plays with my kids and is so sweet! Would you go out and get one? Why not? Oh you've heard the story about the leopard owner in New York who was mauled...- he was a bad owner and didn't assert himself as pack leader. Huh, what about the 5 year old that lost his leg? Hey he was taunting the leopard and the animal was improperly exercised and trained. It's all just a bunch of media bias and sensationalism, don't pay it any attention! Besides, those animals may just as well been panthers, cheetahs or tigers, you know how stupid animal control officers are.