Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Great topic by the way Tached. You are the king of starting on topic great motorcycle threads. Keep it up!

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
Great topic by the way Tached. You are the king of starting on topic great motorcycle threads. Keep it up!
Great story Hokie

Thanks, it's what I do
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
I was about 100 miles into my 550mile trip to Virginia tech the weekend after the shooting (needed to get away and see the campus). I had a bolt come loose on my Ninja250's shifter and the shifter was about to fall off. Got her pulled over into a waffle house parking lot and met a rough looking older homeless man there. He said he really liked my "bike" and he was traveling by "bike" too. His was a rusty beaten up bicycle with a banana seat. It was packed up with everything he owned and then some, complete with a flashlight tied up as a headlight.

He asked what was wrong as I began to dig under my seat for an allen wrench. I told him I had a bolt loose and he stared to dig all over his bike for tools to help me out. I found the tool I needed in my kit and told him thanks but I got it. He never asked me for a penny. I later met him inside sitting by himself with a glass of water. I asked if I could sit down and buy him a cup of coffee and a chili. He told me he had already had his one meal for the day but after some insisting he agreed. Come to find out he was riding his bicycle from Memphis to somewhere in NC cause he had heard there was some construction jobs out that way. He had been sleeping in a tent along the way and now couldn't continue at night because he flashlight/headlight had burnt out. After talkin for about an hour I told him I would be on my way. He wished me a safe trip and thanks for the meal. I walked across the street to the gas station and picked him up a set of D batteries for his light. Left them on his bike's seat and was on my way.

Between the VT shooting a few days earlier, and meeting this kind homeless man, I realized how much I take/took for granted in life. Life could be taken from you at any point or you could be struggling for your next meal. I'm glad I met that man and I hope he found what he was looking for at his destination.
Hokie. I isn't easy sometimes to help a person like this. You just never know when it could go all wrong.

Quote:
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Hokie. I isn't easy sometimes to help a person like this. You just never know when it could go all wrong.

Yeh but she has her trusty ak47 so you know it will be alright
Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #15
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

I went out riding like I usually do on Sunday afternoons. The weather was that perfect 70's, low 80's weather with low humidity. The kind where you don't mind wearing leathers and are glad that you have them on. Just perfect comfort weather.

I pulled into my local stip, pee, get a drink spot called Pucketts in Leipers Fork, TN. Great little spot. Some of he best bench racing around. Always multiple bikes. This particular day, for some reason, there didn't seem to be many bikes out. There were a couple two or three cruisers and a dude on a KLR, but there weren't any sport bikes.

I went inside the visit the loo and to grab a beverage. When I got outside, a couple of sportbike riders had pulled up and were pulling their gear off. I sat down on the row of benches and was just chilling out. Noticed one guy in full one piece with speed hump that looked like it had been down a few times and the other guy in a Member's Only jacket and tennis shoes. I thought "kind of an odd couple, must not be riding together". Usually you don't see such a disparity in gear (gear nazi vs. not).

Sure enough, they were together. Both of them seemed normal at first, but then they started talking. The guy in the Member's Only jacket started rambling on about his GSXR1000 and how much he liked to make high speed runs. He said he was frim Florida or Michigan or something and that they didn't have many curves where he came from. Said he made the trip between Nashville and Knoxville in like an hour twenty or some such thing. I thought, ok.

The other one, though, was kinda weird. You know, the guy in the full leathers. He had this kinda weird expression all the time like he'd really rather be dry humping old ladies or something. Somehow he just creeped me out. He mentioned he was from Ohio or Indiana. He was new to the area too. So it's FNG Sunday at the hang out evidently.

Both of them wanted to know where the good roads were because they were new to the area and all. They asked me where they should ride. I explained that they were smack center of some really good riding but that it was hard to explain where the road were. You kind of needed to just ride them. I explained that I was going to head out on another run and that they were welcome to follow me. It would give them an idea of some of my favorite roads and give them a starting point to explore.

We all three gear up and head out. I'm not really feeling it, so I'm just taking it easy. Plus, I didn't want to be pulling some guy I just met out of the ditch because he was unfamiliar with the roads. So we roll along and at each stop, I stop to check to make sure that they are ok. The thumbs up and all. "Full Leathers" is consistently creepy at each stop but seemed to be keeping up just fine. "Member's Only" is totally wigged out at each stop and keeps telling us stories about nearly whiping out and throwing sparks.

Now I'm all worried. I hate to be on rides and worry about whether someone is feeling pushed, so I drop the pace down a notch. Mind you, we've been rolling fairly sedately all along. Plus, I'm giving away lots of HP riding my Buell compared to their bikes. I definitely didn't want to be scraping up bits of Member's Only jacket covered in back meat.

We finally get back without incident. "Full Leathers" is all happy that he's got some new roads to ride. He is really sporting the "old lady, dry hump" expression now. "Member's Only" is totally wigged out but seems happy to have seen some new roads. We jaw bone for a few more minutes, but I had to skin out. I had dinner with the Mrs. and the kiddos.

"Full Leathers" walked over and again thanked me for the ride. He said that I should check out a website. I was, at this point, really concerned. What was it, www.poodlehumpers.com? He gave me a card. It was the internet address for this place.

You might know him. He said he goes by Drewpy? The other guy said he goes by the handle Gunther or something.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:34 AM   #16
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I was lost in the mountains of NC once after riding the Gap and the Skyway and then just riding around. I ended up in the backwoods, banjos and all, and say an old lady out doing her gardening. So I stopped to ask how to get back to a main hwy, and she was very friendly and gave me good directions.

But the whole time her goddamn black lab wouldn't stop barking at me. Finally I thanked her and as soon as I kicked the bike into gear the dog jumped me. I took off with him biting my leg. Lil' bastard bit through my suit, my jeans and into my leg.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #17
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Yeh but she has her trusty ak47 so you know it will be alright
HA! I didn't even own a gun at the time, and rarely carry now. But an AK47 as a concealed carry is a great idea

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

good stories keep them coming!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
I went out riding like I usually do on Sunday afternoons. The weather was that perfect 70's, low 80's weather with low humidity. The kind where you don't mind wearing leathers and are glad that you have them on. Just perfect comfort weather.

I pulled into my local stip, pee, get a drink spot called Pucketts in Leipers Fork, TN. Great little spot. Some of he best bench racing around. Always multiple bikes. This particular day, for some reason, there didn't seem to be many bikes out. There were a couple two or three cruisers and a dude on a KLR, but there weren't any sport bikes.

I went inside the visit the loo and to grab a beverage. When I got outside, a couple of sportbike riders had pulled up and were pulling their gear off. I sat down on the row of benches and was just chilling out. Noticed one guy in full one piece with speed hump that looked like it had been down a few times and the other guy in a Member's Only jacket and tennis shoes. I thought "kind of an odd couple, must not be riding together". Usually you don't see such a disparity in gear (gear nazi vs. not).

Sure enough, they were together. Both of them seemed normal at first, but then they started talking. The guy in the Member's Only jacket started rambling on about his GSXR1000 and how much he liked to make high speed runs. He said he was frim Florida or Michigan or something and that they didn't have many curves where he came from. Said he made the trip between Nashville and Knoxville in like an hour twenty or some such thing. I thought, ok.

The other one, though, was kinda weird. You know, the guy in the full leathers. He had this kinda weird expression all the time like he'd really rather be dry humping old ladies or something. Somehow he just creeped me out. He mentioned he was from Ohio or Indiana. He was new to the area too. So it's FNG Sunday at the hang out evidently.

Both of them wanted to know where the good roads were because they were new to the area and all. They asked me where they should ride. I explained that they were smack center of some really good riding but that it was hard to explain where the road were. You kind of needed to just ride them. I explained that I was going to head out on another run and that they were welcome to follow me. It would give them an idea of some of my favorite roads and give them a starting point to explore.

We all three gear up and head out. I'm not really feeling it, so I'm just taking it easy. Plus, I didn't want to be pulling some guy I just met out of the ditch because he was unfamiliar with the roads. So we roll along and at each stop, I stop to check to make sure that they are ok. The thumbs up and all. "Full Leathers" is consistently creepy at each stop but seemed to be keeping up just fine. "Member's Only" is totally wigged out at each stop and keeps telling us stories about nearly whiping out and throwing sparks.

Now I'm all worried. I hate to be on rides and worry about whether someone is feeling pushed, so I drop the pace down a notch. Mind you, we've been rolling fairly sedately all along. Plus, I'm giving away lots of HP riding my Buell compared to their bikes. I definitely didn't want to be scraping up bits of Member's Only jacket covered in back meat.

We finally get back without incident. "Full Leathers" is all happy that he's got some new roads to ride. He is really sporting the "old lady, dry hump" expression now. "Member's Only" is totally wigged out but seems happy to have seen some new roads. We jaw bone for a few more minutes, but I had to skin out. I had dinner with the Mrs. and the kiddos.

"Full Leathers" walked over and again thanked me for the ride. He said that I should check out a website. I was, at this point, really concerned. What was it, www.poodlehumpers.com? He gave me a card. It was the internet address for this place.

You might know him. He said he goes by Drewpy? The other guy said he goes by the handle Gunther or something.

HAHAHA Gunther.... that dude was a fuck'n tool.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

The funniest when Moira(Azoomm) and I were out riding I think we were in Wimberly. We were stopped at the gas station just chillin out, grabbing a snack.

This lady comes out of the store and Moira and I are sitting on the curb by the bikes. She walks by with this huge smile and asks us if those are our bikes. We smile and say yes.

She replies, "oh that is so cute, I bet you get all the boys with those things!"

I think we laughed for at least 10 minutes.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote